Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Checking in from Alaska

Kardinal_84

Join
Jul 6, 2017
Hi all!

The Spark is my first drone, So far it's been great. I do a lot of Kayak angling videos here in Alaska and I thought I would try the Spark as another tool to take some great video and photos.

I did just pass my Part 107 knowledge exam and my commercial license is pending. It might seem odd that the Spark is my first (and only drone) and yet I got my Part 107 License, It seems like that is akin to registering as a wedding photographer business and showing up with an smartphone. But for simple blogging and posting on youtube and social media, it works great. lol.

But here in Alaska we have a gahzillion airports/runways everywhere along the road system. The License allows me to fly in non-controlled airspace without having to literally call a dozen airports everytime.

So far the Spark has been everything I expected. Looking forward to learning more about drone flying and seeing what other can do with their Spark,

Welcome to the forum, we're happy to have you here! Safe and happy flying with your Spark! :cool:

Reactions: Kardinal_84
Welcome and congratulations on your 107 remote license. We look forward to seeing some of your images in the video and photo section of these forums. Have you had any issues with the Spark being attacked by eagles?

Welcome and congratulations on your 107 remote license. We look forward to seeing some of your images in the video and photo section of these forums. Have you had any issues with the Spark being attacked by eagles?

Not yet! I have only had the Spark for a week but I have grounded the Spark already twice due to the close proximity of Eagles. I will say that the seagulls and crows in the area seem more interested in the drone but no attacks so far.

That is good to hear, are you there year round? It will be interesting to see how the Spark behaves in colder climates.

Yes. I will be interested as well. As a genral rule here in Alaska, anything with a battery doesn't perform so well in winter. But I notice it seems to be fairly warm after flight so I am hoping that it helps out. Unfortunately for us, Summers are short so it won't be long until we get to test that theory out!

Yes. I will be interested as well. As a genral rule here in Alaska, anything with a battery doesn't perform so well in winter. But I notice it seems to be fairly warm after flight so I am hoping that it helps out. Unfortunately for us, Summers are short so it won't be long until we get to test that theory out!

Till then, enjoy your summer!

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef