Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Checking out the Spark in Arizona.

Burk

Join
Oct 7, 2018
I have a Phantom 4 Pro and a Tello and love flying them. I want a smaller drone that I can carry with me when I work and travel instead of my Phantom. My Tello doesn't have the range I would like for most situations. So far, I really like the looks and specs of the Spark but, I have few questions. How much wind can the Spark fly in before becoming unstable? How well do the hand gesture features work in controlling the aircraft? What is the battery life of the controller? Any other information a new buyer might be interested in that you can share? I am close to pulling the trigger on one.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the SparkPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Burk.

I've had my Spark up in 25 mph wind speeds and it performed well.

I never used the hand gestures. I tried once and it didn't work for me but I don't care about the gimmicks. It has a lot to do with the lighting and the clothes you wear for it to work successfully.

Never really thought about the controller.
I have 6 batteries and the controller will last through those with power to spare. I've never ran out of power(yet).

Purchase extra batteries, a gimbal protector when storing the Spark, and a battery clip seems to be popular these days due to the battery design of first generation batteries. They have been known to pop off mid flight when not installed securely.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Reactions: Burk
I think you will love the portability of the Spark.
Just ask everyone to give you batteries for Christmas, as you will want a minimum of four.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast