Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Checking some things out today

sharps45

Join
Apr 18, 2019
Took the Spark out this morning to a hill near home to see how far away I could get before losing signal, all in line of sight using signal booster parabolic thingies. Flying out of Sport mode, it got to 2500 feet before the battery hit 60%, so to be safe I brought it back. With new battery, and in Sport mode, got to 3,300 feet before signal strength went red and video started to chop up. Brought it back and still lots of battery left to do some circles and other fun things in Sport mode. I'd thought that Sport would use more battery than regular mode, but even with the camera running it did really well. Had to quit playing because the gnats were eating me alive! Did my first hand landing with the controller- having sliced up my fingers on another drone, this made me a little nervous, but all was well.

Sounds like you had a good time! Curious about your definition of a hill? Here in South Central Texas the Hill Country is stuff over 400 ft. Growing up in Colorado, well... :cool:

Sounds like you had a good time! Curious about your definition of a hill? Here in South Central Texas the Hill Country is stuff over 400 ft. Growing up in Colorado, well... :cool:
Probably 150 feet over where I was flying. Not too man places close to home where you can get a fairly flat place with any distance where there aren't any canyons to lose your drone in if things go south.

Took the Spark out this morning to a hill near home to see how far away I could get before losing signal, all in line of sight using signal booster parabolic thingies. Flying out of Sport mode, it got to 2500 feet before the battery hit 60%, so to be safe I brought it back. With new battery, and in Sport mode, got to 3,300 feet before signal strength went red and video started to chop up. Brought it back and still lots of battery left to do some circles and other fun things in Sport mode. I'd thought that Sport would use more battery than regular mode, but even with the camera running it did really well. Had to quit playing because the gnats were eating me alive! Did my first hand landing with the controller- having sliced up my fingers on another drone, this made me a little nervous, but all was well.
hi try this from e bay works great SAVES fingers

Attachments

• $_12.jpg
    $_12.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 24
"all in line of sight" - at 2500ft and 3300ft? VLOS means you can actually see the drone with the unaided naked eye... (2500ft is over 3/4 of a km and 3300ft is around a km)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme