Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Come back to and take a picture from the exact same spot

Multikoe

Join
Sep 2, 2018
I have a question: the farm besides my house will be demolished in the coming months. I was thinking of making a short movie about it by taking multiple pictures over the course of these months. I expect challenges in combining the images in a movie and it may not work. But I have to start with being able to take a picture (with my drone of course) from the exact same position over and over again.
My question is: is there a way to accomplish that? I know about Litchi, but I am cheap (from The Netherlands....) and I am looking for other solutions. And I am not looking for a automated path, although that would work as well. I am just looking for something that gets my Spark in the exact same location.
Anyone?

Reactions: Bart
If you have an iPad, there is DJI GS Pro.
They let you store 10 auto missions for free.
Same principal as Litchi.
Drop the points where you want to fly and go.
Come back next month and run it again and so on...

You will want to capture video so you can do something like this:
This was a home made craft early on in my hobby so you can see the quality and stabilization increase over 18 months.

If you have an iPad, there is DJI GS Pro.
They let you store 10 auto missions for free.
Same principal as Litchi.
Drop the points where you want to fly and go.
Come back next month and run it again and so on...

You will want to capture video so you can do something like this:
This was a home made craft early on in my hobby so you can see the quality and stabilization increase over 18 months.
That's about what I had in mind. Nice video. In Holland though, we have to content with variable weather, which is one of the challenges..
I'll have a look at DJI GS Pro.

Reactions: pmshop
It seems that being cheap has its disadvantages: I have three Ipads lying around. Of course I didn't buy them, they were gifted to my by people who moved on with newer tablets. However, I have three Ipad 2s, which this app does not support.... I'll have to look for someone willing to part with a newer Ipad :)

On Android, Red Waypoint was free, but it seems that the free version is now limited to five waypoints. Might be enough for what you search to accomplish.

Just take off directly above you from the same location to a fixed altitude. Then frame the shot by using the same landmarks in exactly the same place on your screen each time.

I suppose it's the cheapest option and in theory could work really well

Just take off directly above you from the same location to a fixed altitude. Then frame the shot by using the same landmarks in exactly the same place on your screen each time.

I suppose it's the cheapest option and in theory could work really well
This is actually my plan B. Plan A sounded like much more fun and I don't need to be so precise....
I tried Red Waypoint and it behaves really weird on my tablet: dialogues show fill-in fields for a few seconds and then compress to about a tenth of their width, making it impossible to see what you're doing. That doesn't make me confident using it...

Reactions: rich777 and pmshop

This is what I would recommend . . .
You asked about multiple pictures (photos), so expect you want to do a sort of timelapse stop motion video ??

Even if not framed perfectly each shot, that doesn't matter with stop motion :)

An example . . .

Reactions: rich777
This is what I would recommend . . .
You asked about multiple pictures (photos), so expect you want to do a sort of timelapse stop motion video ??

Even if not framed perfectly each shot, that doesn't matter with stop motion :)

An example . . .

That's what I had in mind. There are a lot of uncertainties though. I don't know how long the demolition will take, I probably can not take many pictures so a movie might not be possible. THe absolute minimum would be a series of pictures detailing the demolition, just to have something to put in a photobook. Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. If anything comes out of this I'm sure to post it here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme