Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compact battery charger and case

basily

Join
Oct 2, 2019
Loc
Huayapam, Oaxaca, Mexico
Hi,

I'm going to be travelling in the summer, and travelling super light, mostly going to be hiking. So I'm looking for the most compact charger I can find. At worst, I might just take the spark's usb charger and just charge through the drone only, but I'd rather be able to charge separately, preferably from my USB/USB-C power bank that I already have.

I saw this on Amazon, but no reviews at all... does anyone have or know anything about this?

Also, this, which HAS reviews, but no longer available - anyone know about it or where to get it?

Lastly, I just saw the polarpro compact case and almost bought it, but then I realized (watch the video) that there's nothing to hold things in place and keep stuff from bouncing around. What's the point? Am I missing something?

TIA

Basil

I like the looks of the Polar Pro mini case. It seems to fit well and I don't think there would be any bouncing around but unlike the Mavic air OEM case it doesn't carry the Controller. A drone without a controller is not going to work hiking

Reactions: basily
I like the looks of the Polar Pro mini case. It seems to fit well and I don't think there would be any bouncing around but unlike the Mavic air OEM case it doesn't carry the Controller. A drone without a controller is not going to work hiking

I'm not worried about the controller - I have a separate case for it, or I might carry it loose with just the stick protector on. Anyway, how do you figure that nothing will bounce around? Do you have one? Or do you think the lid puts enough downward pressure on the keep things in place? It looks to me like at the very least the extra batteries will bounce against the drone, no?

Reactions: hiflyer
After looking over dozens of Spark compatible cases, I chose the RLSOCO Spark Case from Amazon. There are quite a few cases that look very similar, but on closer inspection I like the fact that the Soco firmly held the drone, charging block, charging panel, three batteries, the remote controller (with stick guard) and had pockets in a separate divided compartment for cables, props and such. Some of the similar looking designs attached the shoulder strap on D-rings toward the bottom of case which meant the contents could be dumped if, say, the zipper wasn't properly closed. The Soco's D-rings are toward the carrying handle end of the case to preclude that event. One video I saw of a lookalike case showed the shell was deformed right out of the box and stayed that way. I'm happy with my purchase and have no problem recommending it.

Reactions: RotorWash
lot's of choices. I have a hard case for my Spark and I never use it. I like the shoulder bag that came with the combo. It holds everything. I plug in the charger the minute I get into my hotel room and leave the rest in the bag. I've never had the least fear for the safety of my drone or controller while hiking alone or being dragged along by my two dogs. I'm not doing any rock climbing however. I can't imagine not having the controller safely in the bag. It would be very hard to replace.

Attachments

• accessable.png
    accessable.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • out of the way1.png
    out of the way1.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
I'm going to be travelling in the summer, and travelling super light, mostly going to be hiking. So I'm looking for the most compact charger I can find. At worst, I might just take the spark's usb charger and just charge through the drone only, but I'd rather be able to charge separately, preferably from my USB/USB-C power bank that I already have.
I have looked at similar options, but have yet to buy an item to charge the batteries out-of-the drone. However I have charged my drone while hiking with my portable power bank with QC3.0 without any problems. I didn't buy anything as I already had them.

Lastly, I just saw the polarpro compact case and almost bought it, but then I realized (watch the video) that there's nothing to hold things in place and keep stuff from bouncing around. What's the point? Am I missing something?

TIA

Basil

I have the Polar Pro case and it is tiny. I don’t carry the batteries in it because like you I don’t want them banging around against the drone.

If I want to simplify, save space and carry everything, I use the charging station bag. It carries the drone plus 2 extra batteries and the controller. This all fits inside a small light backpack that carries my small DSLR with lens attached plus a spare lens. The charging station can charge the drone and 2 batteries on its own from its built in battery.

Chris

I Use the original ChargeBox from DJI and be satisfied extremly. Because you can take all the stuff (Drone, 4Batterys, Charger and RemoteControll, Cable) in one small Box. I am happy with this solution and can say, that this is a great solution.

I have a Lowepro nova 180 aw bought from a charity store, Canon logo, fits everything perfectly with movable internals, even has a rain coat to pull over it and shoulder strap, it's almost like its made for it!

Attachments

• 20200229_145754.jpg
    20200229_145754.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 20200229_145809_001.jpg
    20200229_145809_001.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members