Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass error Compass error Compass error

Daniil_Most

Join
Jan 14, 2019
Hi guys. Last time I have a problem and I'm tired of this th problem. 1-2 minutes after takeoff, a compass error appears. Calibration does not change anything. Who faced such a problem? What should I do? Change the compass?

Are you getting the error at the top of the screen on the status bar?
Does this happen on every flight?
Are you in the same location each time?

Ensure you are away from anything metal such as rebar in concrete, poles, automobile, etc.

If you calibrate the compass with these things present it may show okay at the time but when you fly away from the spot is when the compass may show errors.

If it keeps happening, the Spark may need to be diagnosed by DJI.

Also, your compass may be magnetised by some magnet stored near the drone.
In this case, you can use a cheap demagnetiser.

Are you getting the error at the top of the screen on the status bar?
Does this happen on every flight?
Are you in the same location each time?

Ensure you are away from anything metal such as rebar in concrete, poles, automobile, etc.

If you calibrate the compass with these things present it may show okay at the time but when you fly away from the spot is when the compass may show errors.

If it keeps happening, the Spark may need to be diagnosed by DJI.
1) Yes. At the top of the screen.
2) That happens in 95% of flights.
3) Places are different each time. I calibrated the compass in different places - nothing helps.
There is no way to give the drone to DJI service. (

Hi guys. Last time I have a problem and I'm tired of this th problem. 1-2 minutes after takeoff, a compass error appears. Calibration does not change anything. Who faced such a problem? What should I do? Change the compass?
Make sure you haven't got a watch keys etc close by you all this stuff can give you a compass error

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit