Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass Error help needed

sannan naseer

Join
Apr 25, 2018
hey guys i am new to forum but not new to this hobby i have been flying since last 6 7 years been flying rc helis and planes and been using phantom 1 and 3 since last 4 years i recently bought spark 3 months ago and loving it until today something very strange happened it was all good after 4 5 mins of normal flight i wanted to test its range so i switched to sports mode i had 14 sats using otg cable and dji go 4.2.16 app i easily went 1000m with almost full signal and excellent video feed i decided to turn back at 9 mins coz of low battery in way back is when things got really strange i had no warning but the spark started to yaw very rapidly to right while i was flying in sports mode full speed to home but i controlled the yaw it almost happened 3 times but i managed to control it because i had perfect video feed and had a spotter with me i landed and then i plugged in my 3rd battery and it flew normally in gps mode after that i checked my flight record in dji go 4 and it clearly showed 3 times yawing badly and fastly without any kind of controller input i can screen record flight record of you guys want i then uploaded my data to airdata and there i saw Compass Error (repeated 3 times) but it never came on the screen anyways guys can anyone tell me why did i get this error because everything was fine before and after that ?
thanks in advance :)

You need to be careful with the wind warnings and your battery level when that far out 39 % at 3400 feet out.

I get errors all the time with my spark and mine always drops into attitude mode every now and then. The spark doesn't have redundancy GPS or compass so it always happens just don't panic when it happens I absolutely love it when the spark goes into attitudes mode I don't know why dji don't give us a switch for it.

so it means when i got compass error spark went to attitude mode ? that is why it started to yaw so badly?
Yours didn't go into attitudes mode you just had yaw errors then it sorted itself out. It could of been anything that gave you the yaw problems, if it's flying ok now just keep an eye on it you should be ok.

thanks do you recommend compass and imu calibration? and should i contact dji and open a ticket?
Yeah do a imu use a spirit level to make sure the surface your doing the imu calibration is level and then what I do is do the compass calibration at the open field I fly at so I definitely know that there's isn't anything there to interfere with the compass calibration.

guys check flight record you can see spark yaw drift without any control input and then i tried my best to correct it and keep it in path

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67