Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass Error

Kulu

Join
May 9, 2018
Hi

Sorry to add to the threads on this but I can't find anything specific to this issue.

I was flying my spark this morning and was consistently getting a compass error at about 16m altitude. No error when flying close to the ground but as soon as it hits 16m the compass error flag goes up. This was reproducible - does anyone know if it just indicates a quirk on my particular machine or could it be something more serious?

There was nothing at 16m that I could see that could cause the error (there were things at ground level, but no errors hovering a foot or so from the ground).

Also, I assume that the cautious thing to do would be to land asap rather than try to fly further to see if the problem sorts itself? I landed as soon as I got the error.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Difficult to say. Of course best thing to do is to land asap and find a better spot, because it can be the start of more trouble.
Usually, when i get compass error i also get "magnetic interference" warning. It happened to me in flight in one specific place, without apparent metallic or concrete construction. Very reproductive. Hundred meters away, no problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran