Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Connecting remote to phone??

R1Sparky

Join
Oct 23, 2018
I have had a couple Mavic's and they all had a cable that connected from the RC to the phone I was using. Once I got the Spark I noticed that you BT from the RC to the phone. Have you all seen an issue doing this and would it be better to buy a cable to connect the phone to the RC? I saw them cheap on Amazon and considered getting one. Just not sure if there are known connection issues using BT to the phone while in flight.

Thanks

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, R1Sparky.

Just for clarification, the Spark connects via WiFi, not Bluetooth.

Bluetooth radio signals interfere with the Spark and should be avoided. Turn OFF the Bluetooth on all devices around the Spark such as fitness trackers, wireless headphones, etc.

The OTG cable is an option to use if you experience a lag in video reception if in an area with a lot of other WiFi signals from apartments, homes, etc.

The use of the cable will eliminate the WiFi connection to you device and the remote and will be hard wired.

I use to use one but found that I have good luck with the WiFi and it's less setup time having to plug a wire in. And I thought maybe with repeated use it may wear out the connector on the remote or break it if I snag the cable somehow.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Reactions: R1Sparky
Plugging in the OTG cable eliminates a potential source of interference and only takes about 3 seconds to hook up. I use one every time. Never a problem.

You need to get a decent quality one because there are a lot of junky ones out there.

Here's the one I use. It's made especially for the DJI remote. For only $8 it's good to have one in your bag:
https://amzn.to/2KVdblv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers