Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Connecting to spark

mikeyST

Join
Apr 12, 2021
Is there a way to connect my spark with my RC , my iPhone ( how I always fly)
And my DJI goggles?

I’d like to have the goggles work for another person, standing next to me ...while I fly off my phone as usual
I think I can do it with cables, but I’m just not very technical ( old guy)
So I’m not sure which cables or how to hook up

SPark_South_Oz

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Loc
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Not as far as I'm aware.

With my M1P and occusync I can connect my re goggles for 3rd party to wear while I fly using my ipad.

But with the Spark you must cable connect goggles, and no option to use the normal viewing device (phone or ipad / tablet).
There may be a work around someone knows, but I haven't kept up with hacks in the past year or so.

The cable connect is pretty simple.
If you fly VLOS and use care, a 3rd party could wear the goggles while you fly still.

mikeyST

Join
Apr 12, 2021
I can’t believe I missed the simple solution
With the spark connected to my RC....
The RC is connected to my iPhone with Wifi
( select spark RC in the phones WiFi settings)
Then used the supplied DJI hdmi cable that came with the goggles ... plugged into a lighting-to-hdmi adapter into my iPhone
The other end plugged into the goggles so the googles are basically functioning as a monitor for my iPhone

so I can fly normal on my phone, and the person next to me with the goggles sees what’s on the phone screen

SPark_South_Oz

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Loc
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
I can’t believe I missed the simple solution
With the spark connected to my RC....
The RC is connected to my iPhone with Wifi
( select spark RC in the phones WiFi settings)
Then used the supplied DJI hdmi cable that came with the goggles ... plugged into a lighting-to-hdmi adapter into my iPhone
The other end plugged into the goggles so the googles are basically functioning as a monitor for my iPhone

so I can fly normal on my phone, and the person next to me with the goggles sees what’s on the phone screen

Wow, that's pretty simple, I have no need to try this but glad it worked for you.

h2owillie

Join
Jan 12, 2021
Apple you can get a hdmi to lighting adaptor and mirror the screen on your Iphone to any hdmi device.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigguy6020