Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Connection without wifi help needed

Ron L

Join
Feb 6, 2018
Hi, Not new to drones, but new to the spark. Can't seem to fully connect without wifi. I've watched countless YouTube videos and I am just not able to connect without wifi using controller and OTG cable. I can get it to fly, but my DJI GO APP won't show any video unless I turn on wifi. Is there a special sequence of turning things on? Tried a android device and iPad mini and get same results. Appreciate any help anyone can give. I noticed using wifi really runs the batteries on mobile device down quick.

1) Turn on remote control
2) Turn on Spark
3) allow to connect (green light on remote)
4)connect otg cable to remote then iPad

That tends to work for me, if it doesn’t, reverse the order you Plug in your otg cable.

I am just not able to connect without wifi using controller and OTG cable
OTG cable connection is NOT supported by DJI, thus that might be your issue.

1) Turn on remote control
2) Turn on Spark
3) allow to connect (green light on remote)
4)connect otg cable to remote then iPad

That tends to work for me, if it doesn’t, reverse the order you Plug in your otg cable.

Thankyou. I've heard that on a few YouTube videos, but see it does work for some and not for others.
Please note that DJI has stated that they are working on an update for an OTG connection, but its been well over a month since they made that statement.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Please note that DJI has stated that they are working on an update for an OTG connection, but its been well over a month since they made that statement.
Thanks for that update. I didn't know. I sure hope that happens.

I use the OTG cable only. But lose a lot of functionality. I.e height and speed display on the phone. I get good video and it recognises home point etc. But I cannot change many settings on the app.

Hope they sort this out at some point.

Follow the steps from above, controller, spark, green light, then cable. Had the same issue and it fixed it. Had iphone on, WiFi shut off. Worked great....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef