Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Consensus on propeller guards please.

MedicineMan4004

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Loc
upper east TN
I did my first palm landing today. No big deal and an old man (me) didn't have to stoop over and pick up the drone.
Curious about everyone's take/use of the prop guards that came with the FlyMore combo.
From my one time palm landing I'd have to think your daft to get fingers cut, really considering the prop guards more for landings when I can't palm land.
I did read (here I think?) that using them yields less battery/flight time, true from those who've used them?

They might cut a minute of your time, but it's not really that big of a deal. I use them all the time.

Reactions: Victoria
Thanks Glen.
I did do a search here for propeller guards....seems like most posts were stating what type and where obtained....
Like others in those found threads I just wish my case had room for them attached. My flight times will most always be quick
ups and downs to grab an image above rock or treeline and it does take time to install each time.
We travel a lot in a campervan, I'm thinking several places in the van the Spark could rest safely while we're drving, so being in
the Pelican is maybe something I can forgo.
I just wish on top of the Spark, in two places, little rings to suspend it from.

I use the prop guards frequently though not all the time. I think they look kind of cool, however, they did save a flight when I got into a Douglas-fir branch.

I use them only when flying indoor (close to objects), using gesture mode (close to people including me) or if there is no or poor GPS / risk to loose the compass and have to fly in ATTI mode (risk for the Spark). These are rare case for me and I usually need the flex extra minutes of flight time.
Evaluating for the need of prop guards should be part of the flight planning. Could be that you cancel your flight if you forget them home. Never regret not to flight, your instinct is usually right.

Sent from my SM-G950F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

I use them indoors and if I'm using the gesture controls and am not using rc or phone to fly, that or if I'm trying something new or in an area that public are present in any large numbers. I think they are invaluable.

Bought them for use indoors, but haven't used them yet. Flown a bunch of times outside and haven't even tried them...

As well as prop, property and personal protection, they make great carry handles too.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers