Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Consider this

Krash

Join
Jul 18, 2019
Would having a regulation concerning different altitudes and the distance the A/C can fly from the PIC? For example flying at 30 feet altitude you could fly maybe 50 feet from your position? This would have to be discussed and ironed out with the FAA .Just a thought or over thinking.?‍✈️

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Krash.

I'm not sure if I understand the question, but the FAA allows us to fly up to 400' and within VLOS, which could be around a 1/4 mile before it becomes a vanishing dot.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Would having a regulation concerning different altitudes and the distance the A/C can fly from the PIC? For example flying at 30 feet altitude you could fly maybe 50 feet from your position? This would have to be discussed and ironed out with the FAA .Just a thought or over thinking.?‍✈️
Apart from the relevant altitude & distance being set by the FAA, there is no guarantee that a drone is going to stick to those boundaries. I'm talking about the instances of a drone either going into atti mode as a result of loosing GPS or just taking off because it decided to.

I believe in Brazil you can fly up to 100 AGL with minimal / no restrictions.

Apart from the relevant altitude & distance being set by the FAA, there is no guarantee that a drone is going to stick to those boundaries. I'm talking about the instances of a drone either going into atti mode as a result of loosing GPS or just taking off because it decided to.
With that kind of argument I guess drones should never take off at all.

Just trying to make flying more enjoyable, Like i said l'm new and trying to figure things out and make flying safer and enjoyable, after all drones are considered aircraft to the FAA. I'll keep on learning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef