Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

corrupt video file

blackomega

Join
Jan 29, 2019
This is now the second time this has happened.

I have taken some good footage but when i put my SD card in my computer one out of the six videos i took is un-openable.
I run a Mac and it shows a big 2gb .mp4 file but i cant open. i still have the low rez version on my ipad

Has this happened to anbody else with a sparkScreen Shot 2019-02-22 at 8.54.42 PM.png

Reactions: Andre Levite
Any chance that you did not stop recording before you turned off the drone? If you do that there is a good chance that the file did not close properly and is corrupted.

It is possible. however i have powered down the drone while recording before with no issue.
But this is food for thought

Try Stellar Phoenix Video Repair 3.0
It uses a DJI created video as a baseline to compare to the damaged video and reconstructs it.
Use on any corrupt video so long as you have a sample of the same video, the way it was created.

I had home made drones before the DJI Spark.
One went down in the summer of 2017.
We found it Fall of 2018.
I used a camera notorious for losing the last 30 seconds in case of crash.
This was the result:

Any chance that you did not stop recording before you turned off the drone? If you do that there is a good chance that the file did not close properly and is corrupted.
+1 on the power down advice. I've seen it happen intermittently.

As already mentioned above, the issue may be caused by the damaged/missing header since the video wasn't finalized properly. You can try to insert the SD card back into the drone and then power the drone up. It may finalize the corrupted file. If this doesn't help, you can try to fix the video with one of the tools mentioned above, or use a free tool as described in this article.

Agree, it's also a good idea to do a quick-format of the SD card before starting to shoot important video. This will prevent significant file fragmentation, and if anything bad happens, it will be easier to recover videos from the SD card.

Hi…Your video file may corrupt because of some unforeseen reasons such as loss of internet connectivity while playing or moving a video, virus or malware attack, unexpected power failure, compression Issues, etc. Therefore, it’s very important to know the exact issue and then repair the corrupt video file using any best third-party video repair tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe