Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cotroling the spark by goggles

In manual user of goggles in page as 13 controling function mentioned that spark has auto take of by goggles. Please answer to my user this item is true or false. Thanks..

Yes, take-off (and landing and RTH ) all work with the goggles.

Since both you and koroosh apparently use the DJI Goggles with Spark can you share your experience uploading your Goggle flight records to DJI's server with DJI Assistant 2? Did these uploaded Goggle flight records actually synchronized with your other flight records shown in DJI Go 4 on your device?

My experience is that Goggle flight records do not synchronize. DJI has also apparently not been able to examine or analyze any of my 55 Goggle flight records uploaded to their server through DJI Assistant 2, even though all 55 show a "successful" green indication for upload. This was the case even after my Goggles were sent in to support and were examined by their own technicians! Not very reassuring!

Let me know what you have observed. Thanks!

I own spark and just got the goggles. I'm going to return Goggles for the following reasons (many of which I didn't know when I bought the goggles-- they elusively omit all the drawback to using Goggles with Spark in their "sales" literature) PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE BUYING GOGGLES FOR SPARK:
1. Can't access flight logs when using goggles. flight logs are stored in internal memory of goggles. They are encrypted. Some have said that you can upload those encrypted logs to DJI through DJI Assistant 2. (I got errors when I attempted to upload logs). Those who have uploaded logs said DJI support staff cannot see them or identify they have been uploaded, though users say DJI Assistant2 confirms they were uploaded successfully. This kills your ability to figure out what goes wrong, and eliminates DJI's ability to honor warranties when flying with goggles because they can't seem to get the log files (based on all of the searching I've done in forums).
2. You cannot use DJI Go 4 software when using goggles with spark. You can only connect goggles to spark using RC. The software for the goggles is limited compared to Go 4. I was not able to register home point or use RTH with my goggles after much trial and error. If you try to switch between goggles and phone device during flight by pulling and connecting cables, good luck. Things go wrong.
3. Goggles do not work wirelessly with the Spark. You will have cables dangling from your goggles to your RC. When you use goggles with Spark, you must use OTG to full size USB adapter, plus OTG to USB cable connected from your headset to your RC. The OTG to USB cable comes with the goggles. The OTG to full size USB adapter does NOT. I had to purchase that. If the cables pull themselves out as you move your head or set your RC down, you have to take the goggles off in flight and reconnect cables. Having the cables come apart is easier than it may sound. Re-connecting the cables while in flight is harder than it sounds.
4. I got "low voltage" warning in red in upper left of goggles screen. My goggles were fully charged and my drone was fully charged. I have no idea why I was getting that message.
5. The goggles are heavy. This wouldn't bother me if they would stop sliding off my head. The headband tries to squeeze your head so they don't slide off because the weight of the goggles in front of your eyes is not counterbalanced in the back. If you have hair that is longer than a "brush cut", the headband trying to squeeze a grip on you head will just slide off. It doesn't work if you have hair longer than 1/4". When they show people in the videos tilting goggles up to see the world, that doesn't work with hair, they just slide down the front of your face.
6. This wasn't a deal-breaker but just another "beta" annoyance. There is no Diopter adjustment on the goggles for adjusting your vision. I wear reading glasses and wearing my reading glasses with the goggles was not enough. I had to buy diopter inserts to be able to see the screen well enough to read the words. Check out other threads for that advice..

My takeaway is that goggles are something that will help me fly more precisely, but this version, with the Spark is not acceptable. I have no confidence that I will be able to fly reliably or even get my spark home using goggles. They brought it to market without testing user experience under different conditions with their "compatible" drones-- it's in a buggy beta state-- and they don't make it easy to figure out all of these limitations when you research their provided information.
It seems they are focused on compatibility / usability with Mavic Pro, which you can use wirelessly with Occusync. I don't expect they will address any of these "downward" problems with Spark.

Last edited:
I own spark and just got the goggles. I'm going to return Goggles for the following reasons (many of which I didn't know when I bought the goggles-- they elusively omit all the drawback to using Goggles with Spark in their "sales" literature) PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE BUYING GOGGLES FOR SPARK:
1. Can't access flight logs when using goggles. flight logs are stored in internal memory of goggles. They are encrypted. Some have said that you can upload those encrypted logs to DJI through DJI Assistant 2. (I got errors when I attempted to upload logs). Those who have uploaded logs said DJI support staff cannot see them or identify they have been uploaded, though users say DJI Assistant2 confirms they were uploaded successfully. This kills your ability to figure out what goes wrong, and eliminates DJI's ability to honor warranties when flying with goggles because they can't seem to get the log files (based on all of the searching I've done in forums).
2. You cannot use DJI Go 4 software when using goggles with spark. You can only connect goggles to spark using RC. The software for the goggles is limited compared to Go 4. I was not able to register home point or use RTH with my goggles after much trial and error. If you try to switch between goggles and phone device during flight by pulling and connecting cables, good luck. Things go wrong.
3. Goggles do not work wirelessly with the Spark. You will have cables dangling from your goggles to your RC. When you use goggles with Spark, you must use OTG to full size USB adapter, plus OTG to USB cable connected from your headset to your RC. The OTG to USB cable comes with the goggles. The OTG to full size USB adapter does NOT. I had to purchase that. If the cables pull themselves out as you move your head or set your RC down, you have to take the goggles off in flight and reconnect cables. Having the cables come apart is easier than it may sound. Re-connecting the cables while in flight is harder than it sounds.
4. I got "low voltage" warning in red in upper left of goggles screen. My goggles were fully charged and my drone was fully charged. I have no idea why I was getting that message.
5. The goggles are heavy. This wouldn't bother me if they would stop sliding off my head. The headband tries to squeeze your head so they don't slide off because the weight of the goggles in front of your eyes is not counterbalanced in the back. If you have hair that is longer than a "brush cut", the headband trying to squeeze a grip on you head will just slide off. It doesn't work if you have hair longer than 1/4". When they show people in the videos tilting goggles up to see the world, that doesn't work with hair, they just slide down the front of your face.
6. This wasn't a deal-breaker but just another "beta" annoyance. There is no Diopter adjustment on the goggles for adjusting your vision. I wear reading glasses and wearing my reading glasses with the goggles was not enough. I had to buy diopter inserts to be able to see the screen well enough to read the words. Check out other threads for that advice..

My takeaway is that goggles are something that will help me fly more precisely, but this version, with the Spark is not acceptable. I have no confidence that I will be able to fly reliably or even get my spark home using goggles. They brought it to market without testing user experience under different conditions with their "compatible" drones-- it's in a buggy beta state-- and they don't make it easy to figure out all of these limitations when you research their provided information.
It seems they are focused on compatibility / usability with Mavic Pro, which you can use wirelessly with Occusync. I don't expect they will address any of these "downward" problems with Spark.

My response to your item numbers are below:

• This has been my exact experience. I’ve had difficulty uploading sometimes, but usually I’m successful after trying a couple times. However, DJI has yet to confirm they have access to any of my 55 flights. I tried to get confirmation over a six-month period after one crash. Not acceptable!
  • Not sure what you are describing here. I set all parameters, like RTH, in DJI Go 4, then connect the Googles. The Home Point is set on takeoff the same as in Go 4. But yes, you are more limited in functionality with the Goggles than in Go 4. You are not supposed to disconnect the Goggles in flight. That’s like turning off your Go 4 device while flying with it.
  • Yes, the RC and Goggles are connected by cable, but I have found that not to be a problem. Never had a cable disconnect in flight. Finding the right cable combination helps. You do have to buy an extra cable adapter which should be provided at the price these Goggles are sold for!
  • Not sure what the “low voltage” warning was. I have not experienced that.
  • You are right, Goggles are very heavy and not well designed to adjust for a variety of head sizes. I had to purchase some wide sticky back foam strips on Ebay to resize the band to fit. Band adjustment was inadequate for my head size and it would easily slide up and down as you describe. Had to do my own mod. Shouldn’t have to do that with these expensive Goggles!
  • Yes, I had to purchase the eye piece inserts to adjust for my prescription too. Again, you should not have to do this with this expensive device. Should have been designed into the Goggles or insert selections should be provided at time of purchase.
Yes, they were designed for the Mavic Pro to be used with Occusync, and were an afterthought for use with the Spark and Mavic Air. I think DJI just wanted to make some quick sales, but never intended to fully develop the Goggles for either Spark or Mavic Air. The fact that you would never see your flight record or be able to locate the drone, if lost, was kept secret. They still will not admit what they have done. Very unethical!

With all these problems and criticisms, I’ve found the Goggles are still fun and work fine within the limitations they have. But you fly at your own risk, because, as far as I know there is still no way to determine an accident cause, nor the ability to “find my drone” using the Goggles with these two aircraft. If the drone drops out of the sky for any reason, good luck finding it, or getting a determination of cause from DJI! There’s no record they can read! All 55 of my flight records are shown in my Goggles via DJI Assistant 2. All indicate they are successfully uploaded. Yet, DJI has not been able to confirm they can read even one of those records! Every time I’ve tried, they simply deflect, provide vague meaningless responses, or pass the buck up the line. I finally gave up. DJI knows how to successfully defect queries they do not want to answer, and it does not help that reviewers have been nearly silent about this issue. I suspect their noses are a little brown!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers