Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Couldn't get Spark to fly backwards with active track

technoflyer

Join
Sep 29, 2017
Okay, so still quite new to the Spark but I took it out on a nature walk recently. It was in the country side along a path. It was a reasonably wide path but it had some bushes to the side and beyond that trees. Nothing too narrow but far from open space too.

I manually navigated the Spark in front of me and set active track on me so I could have the drone track backwards as I was walking towards it. My settings enabled obstacle avoidance but I had the option to track backwards enabled.

I tried this a couple of times but each time it would track backwards for a few metres before allowing itself to move to the side, allowing me to walk in front of it and then it would track me from behind going forward.

Is this normal? I was hoping it would keep tracking backwards by itself. I wouldn't ever allow it to track backwards even remotely close to any obstacles and the controller was in my hand in case things went wrong. However it didn't seem to like to track me coming towards it as each time it slipped into a follow position instead.

Seems kind of silly really as from behind can't even tell it's me so was hoping that a more forward tracking view would be better.

Any help or advice?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers