Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cranes in their natural environment. ?

Spark 317

Well known member with a Spark and a Mavic Air 2.
Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA
The Spark and I went for a Saturday drive to nowhere in particular and took some photos.

This one features a hot air balloon to the left and the "super moon" next to the courthouse.

Crane 1.1.jpg

This one was near the city marketplace as people enjoyed the day while being safe.

crane 2.1.jpg

Market 2.JPG

This crane was lifting an HVAC unit from the roof of a building that was next to one of over a hundred roundabouts in the city.

crane 3.1.jpgRoundabout.JPG

This crane was resting in the shade but the concrete pumper to the right was interesting to watch. The workers were able to guide the concrete to where it was needed inside the building via remote control.
Kind of like how I took this picture. ? Crane 4.1.jpg

Pumper.jpg

We've been hosting a Sandhill Crane for the past few weeks in our front field, he seems to like the cuisine. Your cranes on the other hand, are less likely to eat insects, but still quite magnificent. Great shots!

We've been hosting a Sandhill Crane for the past few weeks in our front field, he seems to like the cuisine. Your cranes on the other hand, are less likely to eat insects, but still quite magnificent. Great shots!

Thanks for hosting a crane on your property. ?

The only thing I have is the neighborhood cats pooping in my flower beds.?

Why is it, that when I first saw the title, I instinctively knew it was not about an animal aviary. Thanks for not letting me down!

Trying my hand at the click bait stuff. ?

Thanks for viewing.

Those are great photos Spark317. The market place looks quite splendid. I think I would rather have the remote to the spark. More fun then pumping cement. ??

Reactions: Spark 317
Those are great photos Spark317. The market place looks quite splendid. I think I would rather have the remote to the spark. More fun then pumping cement. ??

Thank you. :)

The Market Place looks a bit different now than a few months ago. It was a winter wonderland complete with an ice rink.

Interesting thing I observed with the crane in the first picture.
I stood at the base of it looking up and the crane is free to move as the wind blows when not in operation.
Much like a giant weather vane.

It was neat to watch something that large get nudged by the gentle breeze.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spark^
Thank you. :)

The Market Place looks a bit different now than a few months ago. It was a winter wonderland complete with an ice rink.

Interesting thing I observed with the crane in the first picture.
I stood at the base of it looking up and the crane is free to move as the wind when not in operation.
Much like a giant weather vane.

It was neat to watch something that large get nudged by the gentle breeze.
Must be a little weird seeing something that large swaying. The winter shots of the market do look like a winter wonderland. Looks like a large prop on top of the pavilion. ?

Love that bird's-eye view of the roundabout, great shot! ?

Plenty if them to choose from in the city of Carmel.

Carmel has the most roundabouts of any U.S. city with over 100 and they are still building them today.

Gorgeous shots Spark 317. Carmel sure has grown since I was there last. I must be having fun cause time sure is flying. Thank you for the look.

Thanks for the compliment.

This little town has grown up to be small city. I think they're trying to give Indianapolis some competition. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit