Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Criterium road cycling

_ABC_

Join
Jan 11, 2018
Hi all,
New to drone flying and using the Spark but have made a few videos of criterium racing (road cycling around a closed circuit). Difficulties are that in standard mode it can't keep up with the bikes so I'm kinda limited to fly-by shots or yaw-ing the aircraft as I fly sideways. In Sport mode I can keep up with and outrun the bikes, but the gimbal gets locked down so the footage is a bit wobbly hence all the straight line fast flying.
Definitely need some more dedicated practice time (especially in sport mode) - total experience is just over 2hrs.
Would love to know what you all think.
Footage is straight out of camera at 30fps with no colour correction or grading. Edited in DaVinci Resolve.

Hi all,
New to drone flying and using the Spark but have made a few videos of criterium racing (road cycling around a closed circuit). Difficulties are that in standard mode it can't keep up with the bikes so I'm kinda limited to fly-by shots or yaw-ing the aircraft as I fly sideways. In Sport mode I can keep up with and outrun the bikes, but the gimbal gets locked down so the footage is a bit wobbly hence all the straight line fast flying.
Definitely need some more dedicated practice time (especially in sport mode) - total experience is just over 2hrs.
Would love to know what you all think.
Footage is straight out of camera at 30fps with no colour correction or grading. Edited in DaVinci Resolve.

Nice videos. Where’s that course? I’m ready for a dozen laps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers