Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Customizable buttons on Spark remote controller

dj_dread

Join
Mar 20, 2019
hi Pilots,

here is a tutorial(ish) on what options are available for customizing Fn and C buttons on Spark remote controller. hope it helps!

Reactions: Surfnut
So what settings do most of you use for the buttons? My Fn button is set to camera settings, front facing button set to camera up/down.

So what settings do most of you use for the buttons? My Fn button is set to camera settings, front facing button set to camera up/down.
in my case, the Fn button is set to "Navigation" so triggering the Intelligent Flight Modes menu, and the C button is set to "Camera Settings"

Fn gimbal up / down, and C button camera settings.

Not trying to argue or challenge your selection, but what purpose does opening camera settings with a physical button serve? Don't you have to use the touch screen anyway to change any setting? I similarly don't understand why anyone would want a physical button on the RC to open the list of Intelligent flight modes. You anyway have to select a particular flight mode, select the subject, select speed/altitude/direction settings and then hit GO on the touchscreen after activating the menu with your customised button. Am I missing something here?
The reason I use AE lock/unlock is that it lets me leave the camera on Auto mode. I can then compose my scene and lock exposure just at the click of a button to start filming.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
Not trying to argue or challenge your selection, but what purpose does opening camera settings with a physical button serve? Don't you have to use the touch screen anyway to change any setting? I similarly don't understand why anyone would want a physical button on the RC to open the list of Intelligent flight modes. You anyway have to select a particular flight mode, select the subject, select speed/altitude/direction settings and then hit GO on the touchscreen after activating the menu with your customised button. Am I missing something here?
The reason I use AE lock/unlock is that it lets me leave the camera on Auto mode. I can then compose my scene and lock exposure just at the click of a button to start filming.

You're probably dead right there my friend :)
These are the sorts of things it's good to think through, and get the best customising for what you do most, and not 'waste' the 2 options to customise selections there.

I might even change to the AE lock / unlock thing myself.

Reactions: nilanjan118
You're probably dead right there my friend :)
These are the sorts of things it's good to think through, and get the best customising for what you do most, and not 'waste' the 2 options to customise selections there.

I might even change to the AE lock / unlock thing myself.

Good to know my thinking was on the right track. For a moment I thought I was missing something. ?

I rarely use the buttons... as its all possible from the touch screen. I have the Fn button to switch the aspect of the camera to ahead or straight down, and I remember to use that once in a while.

That is probably the handiest one to do . . . as I have my gimbals set to 10 for smoothness, that can be a quick way to move the gimbal from fly to a downward shot very fast.

I'll be going through my other selectable features next time I fly and pick a better option for C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav