Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Damaged spark battery

Rall

Join
May 22, 2019
Hi all .... I have damaged one my spark batteries, yep walls are nasty ? the on/off button took a smack and there’s no spring in the button ,it charges fine but I can’t switch it on .... so I got to thinking why not get the battery modified to get the extra flight time ,anyone got any suggestions where I might be able to get this done in the uk please .... thanks bob

Attachments

• D36B9B21-8138-4FAC-84B8-9A4EFF5738AF.jpeg
    D36B9B21-8138-4FAC-84B8-9A4EFF5738AF.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 44
Looking at the picture, the button looks tight on the left side verses the right.

Have you tried to pry the button a little to the right with a small screwdriver?

Perhaps that will nudge the button enough to get the spring working inside to turn it on?

A proper prying tool made of plastic or something non conductive would be better used than a screwdriver just in case you were to short circuit the battery.

Good luck. :)

Looking at the picture, the button looks tight on the left side verses the right.

Have you tried to pry the button a little to the right with a small screwdriver?

Perhaps that will nudge the button enough to get the spring working inside to turn it on?

A proper prying tool made of plastic or something non conductive would be better used than a screwdriver just in case you were to short circuit the battery.

Thanks 317 the button is loose just floppy no cushion behind it ...if you know what I mean

Hi all .... I have damaged one my spark batteries, yep walls are nasty ? the on/off button took a smack and there’s no spring in the button ,it charges fine but I can’t switch it on .... so I got to thinking why not get the battery modified to get the extra flight time ,anyone got any suggestions where I might be able to get this done in the uk please .... thanks bob

While this doesn't answer your question, you mentioned getting the battery modified to get the extra flight time. Are such modifications possible assuming you can get your battery back to switching on again? I would like to get my Spark batteries to go beyond their usual 12 or so minutes flight time but didn't know there were modifications to do so. Thanks!

In my opinion, modding the batteries is a bad idea. First off, you lose the feedback from the battery as to levels and diagnostics. Then, the added weight and size puts more strain on the motors and does not really give you that much more flight time considering the added weight. Long story short... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

You will still get battery telemetry if you use the mavic air battery(everything the spark battery gives you in the app the MA battery will give you). This is a popular mod in the FB group I am in. You can but a connector from a company that sells one that will work with the spark. You pick up a MA battery and take the case off to save weight. With that you can get up to 20 to 21 minutes of flight time.
I do not think you can get telemetry with "battery packs" from a hobby store. In that instance you will need to know your time and your voltage and watch them carefully. The MA mod is the best one in my opinion and something will will toy with in the coming months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef