Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Directional / Attitude Indicator

henk Baalau

Join
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all, I had the spark in the air two days ago and a noticed that the " Directional/ Attitude Indicator " keeps spinning arpound. I think the problem is the compass on my iphone ,my question is, is it necessary to have it working normal ? I know how to fly the spark home ,even if it's only a tiny speck in the distance. Cheers

Here is a video explaining how the indicator works.

The indicator is kind of confusing unless you know how it works.

If the Spark is on the ground and the RED triangle is spinning, then you may have a compass issue.

I've had troubles with this radar indicator. Googling around, turns up I am not alone. Loose theory across many users, the RC has magnets in it which confuse the internal compass on your mobile device (for me my iphone).

Trick is to mount the phone further down in the RC mounts. For Iphones, that involves making sure the phone is positioned so that the charge port is on the right side. This keeps the internal compass further away from the RC magnets.

So after watching the video it is not necessary to have it on , but it could be handy if you don't know where your AC is heading to. As for my phone, the compass must be broken ,I can not get it to calibrate , it just keeps spinning , cheers

It may be the compass in the Spark, and not your device.

Have you done a calibration of the Sparks compass and/or the IMU?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme