Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Discovery at the DJI Photo Academy...for FCC mode

pmshop

Spark Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Join
Oct 6, 2017
Loc
Fredericksburg, Texas, USA
Web
www.youtube.com
Find your best video link on the ground.
Make it part of your pre-flight checklist.
Operate in manual frequency selection.

1) Switch to manual
2) Switch to 5.8ghz band
3) Watch the spectrum for a while on the higher channels
4) Look for the channel that does not show red for any long amounts of time or does show some green
5) Select that channel and fly.

2.4Ghz has longer range but will not cut through vegetation as well as 5.8Ghz can.

Sparks cannot perform "real time manual channel switching" like higher models (not sure where it starts).
But with those higher models, you can switch to a better channel in flight.
And the higher models can select Mbps transmission feed - use 2Mbps for less latency or if you see "freezing/ pixelated.

I'm going to try that as soon as I have good weather!
Thanks for sharing!

I have fitted quite a few antenna upgrades over the years, which have shown up to 70% improvement in distance, particulary fpv quality. However these have always been on low to mid quality drones, which when opening up the controller, reveals a short piece of wire or a metal plate acting as the antenna. I once upgraded a phantom 2 vision which gave no improvement at all, in fact it was possibly worse. Antenna technology is a very complex subject and I do believe that people like DJI, view antenna performance as a very important factor, compared to lower end manufacturers. DJI have their faults and has done some silly things over the years, but I have to respect the successes they have achieved, and trust them to have optimised most aspects of their products, including antennas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe