Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Air 2S Coming Up!

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
but I am still keen on the MA2 when I can get to the States.

I purchased one and it is a sweet aircraft.

Once you get use to the process of folding and unfolding of the arms while keeping the props safe when doing so on the Mavic series.

:D

The MA2S seems like it is aimed more at videographers with the higher resolution video it's said to have. For me, I use my drones for photography, and video is secondary. I don't even have a computer capable of handling 4k. The 1 inch sensor is exciting but I am disappointed that it won't have a variable aperture. I have been interested in the M2P for a long time but have found the price in CAN$ at almost $2000 for just the basic drone package too high. Add to that, that I would probably want the Smart Controller since I usually always hike, bike, ski, or snowshoe to my flying location, the price climbs even more. Maybe with the release of the MA2S DJI will finally reduce the price of the M2P.

Looks like I will be hanging on to my Spark and Phantom 3 Standard a while longer.

Chris

Reactions: twickers14
I have just bought one as an upgrade from my Spark. Looking forward to the better battery life, connection reliability, resolution, fps ..... In the UK I will fly the Air 2S under Article 16 rather than my A2CofC, to give me max flexibility. The Spark will still have a use in congested areas, when necessary (until 2023).

I have to admit that the A2S almost ticks all the boxes that I want in a photography drone, especially the 1 inch sensor. I do wish it had an adjustable aperture. The price is also more in my target range as well. Comparisons of image quality are just starting to come out now between the M2P and the A2S and I initial impressions seem to be giving the edge to the M2P. I'll just have to wait and see until some more comparisons are out.

Chris

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme