Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Assistant 2 - Blocked Usage?

Casey Sloan

Join
Dec 21, 2018
I just went to use Assistant 2 to check firmware and it gives me a warning message that usage is blocked for my protection. I cannot even download/install fresh version of Assistant. What is going on? Anyone know? I am running Windows 10 and previously this program worked with no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1264.JPG
    IMG_1264.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
It's part of Windows 10 user account security overkill. Likely installed during an update. It's happened to me and is very frustrating. One way to circumvent it is to create an administrator account and run Assistant 2 from there.

I ran version 2 on Windows 10 yesterday 3/10/19 no problems. Did a refresh of firmware. V01.00.1000 which it says is the latest version.

You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.

You will need to access this and change it as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1. Change this to 0 and exit. Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon. Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.

You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.

You will need to access this and change it as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1. Change this to 0 and exit. Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon. Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.

The problem with this fix is some apps won't run with UAC disabled. I suspect the problem is more with MS than DJI. UAC is probably detecting access to kernel-controlled devices (CPU, RAM, etc) by the DJI software that UAC thinks is a threat when it isn't (false positive).

The problem with this fix is some apps won't run with UAC disabled. I suspect the problem is more with MS than DJI. UAC is probably detecting access to kernel-controlled devices (CPU, RAM, etc) by the DJI software that UAC thinks is a threat when it isn't (false positive).
The problem is with Dji's app certificates.

The problem is with Dji's app certificates.
Not to be argumentative, and I agree that DJI should sign their certificates for internet security at the minimum, but note that whilst it does take 2 extra clicks in MacOS or iOS the problem you are having stems mostly from MS making a user unfriendly and excessively complicated OS. Maybe just pick up a cheap used apple device to dedicate to your drone.

Not to be argumentative, and I agree that DJI should sign their certificates for internet security at the minimum, but note that whilst it does take 2 extra clicks in MacOS or iOS the problem you are having stems mostly from MS making a user unfriendly and excessively complicated OS. Maybe just pick up a cheap used apple device to dedicate to your drone.
I fly my drones with both iOS and Android devices, dedicated or not.
And I don't face some problem with assistant 2, actually.

Every OS, has pros and cons, and every application should be compatible with OS security specs.

I'm not a fan of some operating system, but I know that every program running under Windows 10, should have a valid certificate.
DJI and everyone making windows software, should know that.

It's the same with every app running under iOS, that should comply with apple's rules.

I fly my drones with both iOS and Android devices, dedicated or not.
And I don't face some problem with assistant 2, actually.

Every OS, has pros and cons, and every application should be compatible with OS security specs.

I'm not a fan of some operating system, but I know that every program running under Windows 10, should have a valid certificate.
DJI and everyone making windows software, should know that.

It's the same with every app running under iOS, that should comply with apple's rules.
All true, and I have to both use and write in Windows, Android, Linux, and MacOS. It’s notable that DJI seems to write in MacOS or Android for whatever reason. They have expired certificates also... Guess everyone’s fav OS is the one they know best.
Fly well!

I just went to use Assistant 2 to check firmware and it gives me a warning message that usage is blocked for my protection. I cannot even download/install fresh version of Assistant. What is going on? Anyone know? I am running Windows 10 and previously this program worked with no issues.
disable user account in windows... just temp and disable your virus apps temp.... you should have no problem..

if not you can get a virtual machine program there free on the internet... and run that say in windows 7 or vista.... it will run slower but should run older programs..

windows forces us by 2020 to get rid of win 7.. i just found out and had to upgrade its free but pisses me off cuz 2 of my programs now wont run on it.... thanks bill gates.. so folks in a few months windows 7 updates will be no more

The most recent March Cumulative Update for Windows 10 has disabled DJI Assistant 2 for some.
The following instructions are to create a bat file and a shortcut to the bat file with admin privlages to install DJI Assistant 2.
In a separate instruction, you will also need to create the bat file and shortcut to run the program.

This is the install fix:

Lets keep this simple -
1) Copy or Move the downloaded DJI Assistant 2 installer to the root of a flash drive
2) Change the name of the installer to DJI.exe
3) Create a .txt file on the flash drive and name it Install.txt
4) Type in the path to the installer - in my case K:\DJI.exe where "K" id the path of your own flash drive
5) Save the .txt file
6) Change the .txt file to .bat
7) Right click the flash drive window where the other files you were just working with are at and select New then Shortcut
8) Browse to the Install.bat file, click "Next" and then "Finish"
9) Right click the Install.bat - Shortcut and select "Properties"
10) Select "Advanced" on the Shortcut Tab
11) Select "Run as Administrator" checkbox, Click "OK", "Apply" then "OK"

Voilá

This is for if you have installed the program and it does not work after the March Cumulative Updates

Here is the fix:
1) Create a .txt file - I suggest in the DJI folder where the .exe for Assistant is and name it whatever you wish
2) Copy YOUR path to DJI Assistant 2 in C:\program Files (x86) and include the DJI Assistant 2.exe
3) Paste to the .txt file
4) Put quotes before the C and after the E
NOTE* My case only ("C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\DJI Assistant 2.exe" )
5) save .txt file
6) Change .txt file to .bat
7) Right click and "Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut)"
8) Right click the new shortcut and select "Properties"
9) Select "Advanced" on the Shortcut Tab
10) Select "Run as Administrator" checkbox, Click "OK", "Apply" then "OK"

Double Voilá

Reactions: Tom Bennett
Hmmm, ran into this too the other day. I just reinstalled the app from DJI and all is well now. The certificates were deemed acceptable by the almighty MS entity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme