Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji fall short for Android users

Girth67

Join
Aug 9, 2017
Forget all the IOS is better than Android playground comments. Why do DJI constantly advance the IOS App and forget Android users. I'm an Android user with a very capable high end phone but I'm now several versions of Dji Go4 behind IOS users.
Surely DJI as a world leading company have a team of people working on both Apps equally or do they just concentrate on IOS and eventually get around to Android. It certainly feels that way.
It's true your either IOS or Android and few people change camps but what is it with Android that DJI doesn't get. As I'm now missing Pano 180 mode and also sphere mode I'm getting a bit frustrated at DJI' S attitude.
Any Ideas? and no I'm sticking with Android thanks.

Reactions: Zoran
Forget all the IOS is better than Android playground comments. Why do DJI constantly advance the IOS App and forget Android users. I'm an Android user with a very capable high end phone but I'm now several versions of Dji Go4 behind IOS users.
Surely DJI as a world leading company have a team of people working on both Apps equally or do they just concentrate on IOS and eventually get around to Android. It certainly feels that way.
It's true your either IOS or Android and few people change camps but what is it with Android that DJI doesn't get. As I'm now missing Pano 180 mode and also sphere mode I'm getting a bit frustrated at DJI' S attitude.
Any Ideas? and no I'm sticking with Android thanks.
I would not get hung up on the version numbering, in simple terms it's different and one is not following the other.

As for features, android does not yet seen to have the pano180 but that's about all that's missing. Some of the features"advertised" on iOS are not available as the spark firmware has not been released.

And just think of it as iOS users are the beta testers/Guinea pigs for us android users

Reactions: Girth67
I use both ios and android devices and don't have a particular preference for either. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.
Apparently, Apple sell Dji products in their stores. Make of that what you will.
One reasoning I've seen mentioned on forums is that it's harder for the coders to optimise the Go app for android due to the fact there are far more hardware combinations of android phones and tablets compared to ios devices.

On the other hand, Android users sometimes get some of the pretty useful features like being able to download and store the maps locally. I'm still waiting for that feature to come to the iOS version of DJI GO.

Reactions: Girth67
When I look at the DJI Crystalsky monitors, which are Android-based, I can agree with the Girth67 that DJI are letting Android users down. Considering that their Crystalsky monitors are dedicated to DJI Go, the version on there is two steps behind the Android stand-alone version.

Version numbers are not something to get hung up on. An update can mean fixing a bug in the previous version on iOS that didn't exist in Android. Not really "newer".

As also mentioned, iOS having a fixed list of hardware makes it a bit easier to code for (although there aren't really that many different chipsets in Android). That said Crystal sky is Android and a fixed hardware set, so it is odd that it doesn't get updates in parallel with iOS, and often AFTER other Android devices.

My theory: Apple carries DJI products as the defacto DJI store in many places. They want to show that their devices are the gateway to the latest drones, so probably require to have new features first as part of the sales agreement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67