Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4.1.20 IOS

Issues with the button customization is solved it seems. Setting the max altitude not solved, still sticks to 50 meter. New problem: on top of the screen red warning stating Weak Image Transmission Signal, although the image seems fine.

This obviously all with a OTG cable without flying it yet

DJI has indicated that 4.1.20 does not fix the OTG problem with the Spark that started with 4.1.18.

In a call to them today they emphasize they really have no intention on supporting Spark OTG “because the Spark is meant to have the mobile device connected to the remote controller by Wi-Fi”.

Looks like I’ll be staying at 4.1.15 for the duration.

I'm also back to 4.1.15,I still find it hard to believe they decided to take away our use of the otg cable when it allows us to fly our spark safer and better-go figure

Is switching back to 4.1.15 also possible in IOS, If So how to? Im not used to Apple stuff, sorry

Is switching back to 4.1.15 also possible in IOS, If So how to? Im not used to Apple stuff, sorry
You should look for .ipa file of 4.1.15 in internet, then insert it in iTunes instead of 4.1.20 ipa file and sync with itunes

The side loading of IPA files is no longer supported on the newer versions of iTunes as they have removed the App section. So beware.

Anyone experience the DJI GO 4 app Ver 4.1.20 closing during flight? I have a Ipad mini 4 connected through wifi to the controller and while flying my Spark today the DJI GO 4 app kept closing.
Any thoughts why this might be happening?

Scanning the DJI forum I found this according to DJI "The date bug in iOS 11.1 has affected a number of apps, including DJI GO and DJI GO 4. Users may encounter instability or crashes when using these apps."

Last edited:
First step is to make sure you're running the latest version of iOS. Do a manual check of that.

First step is to make sure you're running the latest version of iOS. Do a manual check of that.
I got a prompt today to update my iPad Pro 10.5 to 11.2.2. I declined it, as i have no idea what this will do to the DJI Go4 app.

That said, I can confirm that OTG is basically useless on my iPad now that I'm running the latest GO4 app for iOS 4.1.20. It connects and flies fine, but it says image transmission disconnected on the top-left corner where flight mode status would normally be. That's too bad because using WIFI only the image transmission is total crap.

FIX THIS DJI!!!!!

Last edited:
Thank for the advice,
I updated both the Spark and the controller to the latest firmware and up dated the ipad iOS to 11.2 that seemed to fix the problem.

I could never get the OTG to work for me so I guess i won't miss it, that said I do hope they hear the frustration from their customers and make a fix.

I just flew my Spark on iOS 4.1.20 using wifi and everything works great...no need for OTG at all

I to am using IOS 4.1.20 using wifi and don't see any issues. Image transmission seems to be fine.

Reactions: Zoran
4.1.20 is not stable for me, lost connection yesterday in rural area with no WiFi signals at all. Drone was 50 meter away from me im clear sight. Glitches and freezes are also common.
I will try 4.1.15 on Android via otg from now on, and wait for ios to come up with an update.

If Dji dont step up their game, next month im gonna bring sparky back to the store and claim my money back.

DJI has indicated that 4.1.20 does not fix the OTG problem with the Spark that started with 4.1.18.

In a call to them today they emphasize they really have no intention on supporting Spark OTG “because the Spark is meant to have the mobile device connected to the remote controller by Wi-Fi”.

That contradicts two Administrator replys on DJI Forum and online. See Below screen shot - circled statements. OTG is supported for the Crystalsky. So any argument that OTG isn't supported is incorrect. It's my opinion that the 'coding' to support other mobile devices wasn't perhaps added, or tested. Supporting the firmware/hardware of OTHER devices and operating systems to support your own coding certainly adds complexity to a seemingly simple request.

OTG Spark Mavic with other mobile devices.png

Attachments

• OTG Spark Mavic with other mobile devices.png
    OTG Spark Mavic with other mobile devices.png
    586.7 KB · Views: 29

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef