Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go - selecting map areas to download

Pinthenet

Join
Mar 27, 2018
Loc
Aargau, Switzerland
I would like to prepare offline maps for a trip to a location where I won't have any internet. Is there a way to move the selected area in DJI Go Offline Maps other than dragging the map? In this particular case I will be travelling to Australia from Europ and I will be able to download whenever I do have internet, but I will still need to drag a long way to reach the areas I want. I thought it wwas possible to download using Google maps, but I think I read that this doesn't work any more with the recent releases.

I thought it wwas possible to download using Google maps
Right, that won't work. You'll need to use the offline maps features within DJI GO. Either drag the map to the desired location or wait until you are closer to those locations (if there is a way you can temporarily connect to Wi-Fi).

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll have to try that. In the end the map coverage for the 'offline' areas is pretty sparse anyway, so I'll probably have to rely on the attitude indcator & camera to keep track of where the drone is

On this side of the world you can get free internet at most McDonalds, some pubs (Bars), & the occasional coffee shop. When you get here, download an app called “Can I fly there”. It’s by the Australian government, Civil Aviation Safety Authority. It will inform you of the local regulations, has a map that you can drag, zoom in & out, shows streets, satellite view, & of course location of airports, helipads, restricted zones.
We do have satellites in the Southern Hemisphere. I am a new flyer, but I would expect to have GPS almost everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparkay
Thanks Koala Tails. I already found the 'Can I fly there' app and it looks really useful. I also contacted the NT & WA Parks organisations and even got permits for some NPs. We are going along the Gibb River Road where there is vitually no coverge as far as I can tell. I'm not aiming for long distance flying so as long as I can see the drone I'll be OK I guess

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll have to try that. In the end the map coverage for the 'offline' areas is pretty sparse anyway, so I'll probably have to rely on the attitude indcator & camera to keep track of where the drone is
Self appointed Dronr Police Brown here, shouldn't be a problem because you're supposed to stay in LOS ha ha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef