Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go4 app crashes frequently on startup

rduatc

Join
Dec 25, 2018
I've contacted DJI on this issue, but all they've said is to reinstall the app. Without the drone connected, the app constantly crashes on startup. Even after "force closing" it, the issue returns. I'm using a Note 8. I've sent multiple crash reports to DJI, but the problem remains. I've had to search for an alternative solution and found that Litchi has worked flawlessly and without startup issues. Also, Litchi and Air data which I sync my logs to, have all of my flights listed, DJI Go4 is missing some. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, note8 exynos here. Never crashed Go4 app.
Changed screen-resolution to FHD+ (2220x1080) a long time ago because some apps complained about the phone's full res.

Flights done with Litchi will not show in the Go4 app. They do not share flight-data between them.

Well, note8 exynos here. Never crashed Go4 app.
Changed screen-resolution to FHD+ (2220x1080) a long time ago because some apps complained about the phone's full res.

Flights done with Litchi will not show in the Go4 app. They do not share flight-data between them.
Thanks for the info, as far as the screen resolution goes, the app runs fine when the drone is connected, the constant crashing is when I try to open the app by itself. I will try the change, but DJI Go4 is the only app I seem to have a problem with.

I tried the screen resolution change, but the crash behavior continues. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve had the app close while flying, the first time I panicked. When I opened the app again, it was still recording. I do think there are still a few problems with it that DJI aren’t letting on about.

I tried the screen resolution change, but the crash behavior continues. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You have to put this issue in DJI's official Spark forum: DJI SPARK forum

A DJI moderator will guide you, hopefully.
Or other experienced users.

Alot of note8 users across...
DJI will sometimes say your device is not supported yet.
Still we fly with our note8.
I would think note8 screenres and buttonless GUI (dock) is not 100% compatible with some full screen apps...like the Go4 app.

Crash course:
iOS is more stable because there is only iOS for phone and iOS for iPad.
Android has several versions of the same release to meet the demands of all the devices.
DJI can test their apps on all versions of iOS because there are so few.
DJI cannot test all the versions of android because there are so many out there.

That problem has come up a lot recently.

Apparently Android has a system setting for Developer Mode (or something similar sounding) that causes DJI Go app to crash in recent version.

I hope that fixed your issue..

Sent from my iPhone X

I've contacted DJI on this issue, but all they've said is to reinstall the app. Without the drone connected, the app constantly crashes on startup. Even after "force closing" it, the issue returns. I'm using a Note 8. I've sent multiple crash reports to DJI, but the problem remains. I've had to search for an alternative solution and found that Litchi has worked flawlessly and without startup issues. Also, Litchi and Air data which I sync my logs to, have all of my flights listed, DJI Go4 is missing some. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the dji app?

That problem has come up a lot recently.

Apparently Android has a system setting for Developer Mode (or something similar sounding) that causes DJI Go app to crash in recent version.

I hope that fixed your issue..

Sent from my iPhone X

I had a restart loop issue a few weeks ago with the DJI Go 4 app with my SamsungS8+. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Found out that the developer options needs to be turned off to work properly. After turning it off, DJI Go 4 app worked like it should. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Andre Levite
2 posts (including my last one) suggested turning OFF Developer Mode on Android phone in settings

Did you try that?!?
I did try that, problem remains. I don't have any issues with Litchi, and I tried the DJI Go4 Mod 2, and it also works without issues. The only app that crashes is DJI's official app, and only when the drone is NOT connected. It's really strange. I don't have any problem with any other app on my phone.

Developer Mode
(or something similar sounding) that causes DJI Go app to crash in recent version.

I just looked at S7 edge and its Developer Options ....

I specifically remeber going into this mode in several devices for the purpose of setting a default action when something is hooked to the USB....charge phone...transfer media....transfer pictures

Older Andriods had an option that would let you decide on a case by case basis.

It also has a option to enable a bogus gps location. I believe its been used to alter fcc ce mode

This Spark OTG issue is right up there with paying to play Whack A Mole at a carnival :)

I just updated to the most recent version of Go4 that came out today. The first time I started it, it worked fine. After starting it again, it started it's crash on startup thing again. I did find something interesting though. As soon as I started the app and the intro screen comes up, I started swiping the screen from right to left. That would open the next screen and the app would continue to run. I can press back and the app continues to run well with no crashes. But if I close it and start it again without pressing anything, the app will crash in a few seconds of the intro screen appearing. It's usable at least now as long as I swipe on startup, but a very strange issue.

Reactions: Haggi
I'm glad you were able to figure out a way to use the DJI Go 4 app. I know how frustrated I was when the app wasn't working properly for me. I'd let the DJI text support know of your solution to better help someone else with the same problem you've had.

I'm glad you were able to figure out a way to use the DJI Go 4 app. I know how frustrated I was when the app wasn't working properly for me. I'd let the DJI text support know of your solution to better help someone else with the same problem you've had.
Will do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers