Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO4 tells me card not fast enough for 4K

Brojon

Join
Jul 23, 2018
Here's an odd one. I finally got my Android phone (Samsung S7 Edge) to recognize an OTG cable connected to controller.
Plopped in a Sandisk 16gb Class 10 U(1) card and when I started video recording it popped up and informed me that the card was too slow to record 4K video.
WTH is that about given the Spark can only do 1080? BTW - yes this is a legit card from Amazon.
Did my Spark get an upgrade I'm unaware of? ;)

Go4 seems to think you are running a Mavic or Phantom...

No, it states when it connects to the controller what it's connected to.

Are you talking about a card in your phone, and a message from Android, or a card in your Spark and a message from go4 app?

Amazon has plenty of sketchy vendors in the electronics market. For some reason fake SD cards are abundant and it's easy to get a bad one.

I stick to Samsung Evo or SanDisk Gold. I get U3 speed for 4K. I check the fine print to make sure buying directly from the manufacturer or Amazon and not a middle man. I make sure 4-5 star rating with hundreds of reviews to decrease chance of phony. Even good cards are relatively cheap these days but one that's ridiculously inexpensive is suspicious to me.

I see lots of other people complaining about fake cards but this strategy had worked for me.

Amazon has plenty of sketchy vendors in the electronics market. For some reason fake SD cards are abundant and it's easy to get a bad one.

I stick to Samsung Evo or SanDisk Gold. I get U3 speed for 4K. I check the fine print to make sure buying directly from the manufacturer or Amazon and not a middle man. I make sure 4-5 star rating with hundreds of reviews to decrease chance of phony. Even good cards are relatively cheap these days but one that's ridiculously inexpensive is suspicious to me.

I see lots of other people complaining about fake cards but this strategy had worked for me.
I checked it. It's legit and correct size which is what all the bogus cards fail at. I also ran a speed test and it comes in at 9 MB/s which is a tad slower than it should be but you know how numbers can vary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit