Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Goggle Flight Records

Ted Schoenfelder

Join
Feb 20, 2018
For Spark flyers, using the DJI Goggles, you are already aware the mobile device drops out once the Goggles are connected to the RC and that flight records are only stored in the Goggles, but not on the SD card, and must be uploaded to DJI servers via DJI Assistant 2 for analysis. In my experience, DJI does not allow the download of the Goggle flight records to your PC, so you can not do your own analysis.

I've uploaded over 50 flight records to the DJI server but since these records do not sync with any of the mobile device flight records, I have no confirmation they are accessible to DJI support personnel. I recently sent in my Spark for an incident analysis but DJI was never able to find the text file for the date of the incident, even though it was uploaded twice successfully with the appropriate green confirmation note. I even read to them the actual file name. Has anyone else had similar experience with this problem?

I communicated with DJI support personnel at least seven times, and no one was ever able to confirm they even had the record, or any of my records! Has anyone had similar experience? I feel DJI has some real problems with support personnel even knowing where these Goggle records are located. I received instructions from DJI support to upload the flight records from my mobile device which demonstrated clear ignorance on their part! When flying the Spark with the Goggles, flight records are always recorded only in the Goggles. I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has run into similar issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jiker
So, flights I’ve made using Googles, I’ll never be able too see them? Am I reading this correctly?

Yes, this is what I have experienced. In August I sent the goggles to DJI in response to my complaints regarding a Spark accident in June that I felt should have been covered under warranty. DJI just wanted me to use my DJI Refresh Program, ignored the video I provided and never clearly acknowledged they did not have the flight record!

After much hassle back and forth and a second accident, DJI requested I send in the goggles to examine them and access the flight records themselves, since they were still in the goggles. After analysis, they informed me they were having problems with their server, whatever that meant? But they never fixed the problem! In their favor they did cover the first accident under warranty, but more or less acknowledged they still did not have the flight record. They didn't charge me for anything and sent the goggles back since I needed them for a long wilderness trip in Canada.

I told them in June they had a problem with the server when the original incident occurred when they could not verify they actually had my flight record from the accident. I previously showed a successful upload of all records (51 at that time) including the one from the accident, but none were sync'd to my phone or tablet and still aren't!

I just tried another upload today, now 54 records total, and all show they were successfully uploaded, but none show up in my sync'd records when I sync the phone to the server. There has been no firmware updates since they looked at my goggles in August and acknowledged DJI had a server problem and the records to this day are still not sync'd!

I have no idea what DJI is doing about this problem, it is a mystery to me, it appears they are simply ignoring the problem given that over a month has gone by with no firmware update or notice from DJI regarding a fix to their server or to the goggles. The evidence is the lack of sync'd goggle records.

I would appreciate hearing from others on whether they can verify their goggle records are syncing properly. I also advise everyone using the goggles/Spark combo to pressure DJI about this issue. This must be fixed ASAP. It is ridiculous that it has not been taken care of by now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit