Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI & Ryze Tech released the Tello drone (a $99 stunt drone)

Sparkbart

Wow, I'm interested especially since it comes with an SDK and 99 bucks? Seems pretty cool.

Can't wait though for those who buy it to start complaining and comparing it to the Spark or any other DJI drones at .25 the price.....

aviscomi

I should have worded that differently. My surprise was that DJI was selling another manufacturers drone.

View attachment 2684
Yeah...I don't quite understand the relationship. If I would a conspiracy theory type, I would venture to say that they (DJI) are trying to back-off of their Spark being an entry level drone promo and offering the Tello.

khoa

Yeah...I don't quite understand the relationship. If I would a conspiracy theory type, I would venture to say that they (DJI) are trying to back-off of their Spark being an entry level drone promo and offering the Tello.
Sounds like a partnership. Shenzhen RYZE Tech Co. Ltd. is responsible for hardware/drone itself and DJI responsible for software/app etc. DJI knows they have a solid software and one of the best in the industry, not to mention the DJI name. So why not sell it to another company and get more sales via licensing of their software.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonioLaPorta