Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI & Ryze Tech released the Tello drone (a $99 stunt drone)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
Tello.jpg

"Perform flying stunts, shoot quick videos with EZ Shots, and learn about drones with coding education. Get yourself a Tello to find out just how awesome flying a drone can be!"

See more details here. Check out the FAQ here.

I like the range, it's starting to challenge the Spark LOL

Wow, I'm interested especially since it comes with an SDK and 99 bucks? Seems pretty cool.

Can't wait though for those who buy it to start complaining and comparing it to the Spark or any other DJI drones at .25 the price.....

I imagine that the WIFI can't be any worse than what the Spark has.

I can’t see anything that says it has gps. Anyone else?

I should have worded that differently. My surprise was that DJI was selling another manufacturers drone.

View attachment 2684
Yeah...I don't quite understand the relationship. If I would a conspiracy theory type, I would venture to say that they (DJI) are trying to back-off of their Spark being an entry level drone promo and offering the Tello.

Yeah...I don't quite understand the relationship. If I would a conspiracy theory type, I would venture to say that they (DJI) are trying to back-off of their Spark being an entry level drone promo and offering the Tello.
Sounds like a partnership. Shenzhen RYZE Tech Co. Ltd. is responsible for hardware/drone itself and DJI responsible for software/app etc. DJI knows they have a solid software and one of the best in the industry, not to mention the DJI name. So why not sell it to another company and get more sales via licensing of their software.

That's cool it supports scratch. I can buy myself one and pretend it's for the kid's education.

Reactions: Sparkbart

Is it best to wait for Dji preorder or one of the other UK sellers (who are already taking preorders)?

You can already preorder on dji uk store. Personally, I’d buy from an authorised dealer as if anything is wrong it’s easier to get it exchanged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef