Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI signal Loss

The Helmet

Join
Jul 22, 2018
The threads and question asked recently about dji spark drones that are loosing signal strengths for no reason why don't the engineers at dji take on the task of updating the firmwear so people who have invested there hard earned cash into a product that has a problem instead of suggesting solutions that clearly don't work 68 flights in from 69 to 73 I have had issues with my drone and it's grounded till this problem is solved uk pilot off cable changed Samsung 8+ updated to the latest firmwear connected to pc tell g me I have a problem whereby I clearly have

I think, nothing happens"for no reason".

For every connection lost, there is a technical reason.

I am normally in a rural area and have had no problems with disconnecting. But a few days now I am visiting my son between Houston and Galveston. I've gone walking a couple of times around a lake and tried flying my Spark a couple of times. Each time even before launching I have had my signal come and go, losing connection to the drone off and on, not even moving. I went up a little, about 10 feet, and lost video but could land with the stick still. I abandoned flying each time. But today I tried connecting the controller to the phone with a cable. When I did that I stopped losing signal so flew a bit higher and got some nice photos surrounding the lake. I only went vertically up from where I launched just to stay safe, no more than 100 feet. Anyone have any thoughts on what is going on? Back home I did not have this issue. I do know that with all these houses here there must be hundreds of WiFi signals within yards of me so that could be an issue. My link went from 5.8 mhz back to 2.4 I noticed and then back again.

I've flown my Spark quite a lot and on the weekend experienced my first disconnection.

The iPhone 7+ video feed went black and I could not reconnect. The drone was out over the water filming birds and I thought initially that a bird had taken it out.

I hit RTH out of desperation (first time I have ever used it on 3 DJI drones - P3P, P4P, Spark) and in moments heard it zoom back towards me and cancelled the RTH as it appeared over my head. I didn't think I had any control but I did and brought it down for a hand catch.

I was in a remote rural area at the time with no interference and line of sight at just over sea level. Distance 176 metres.

Spark firmware has been the same for quite some time (6 months I guess) and totally reliable.

I figure the DJI Go 4 app has updated on my phone and this is the problem.

I've flown my Spark quite a lot and on the weekend experienced my first disconnection.

The iPhone 7+ video feed went black and I could not reconnect. The drone was out over the water filming birds and I thought initially that a bird had taken it out.

I hit RTH out of desperation (first time I have ever used it on 3 DJI drones - P3P, P4P, Spark) and in moments heard it zoom back towards me and cancelled the RTH as it appeared over my head. I didn't think I had any control but I did and brought it down for a hand catch.

I was in a remote rural area at the time with no interference and line of sight at just over sea level. Distance 176 metres.

Spark firmware has been the same for quite some time (6 months I guess) and totally reliable.

I figure the DJI Go 4 app has updated on my phone and this is the problem.
I had a similar experience. I figured it did an automatic update or something...turned that off after that. I run with direct connect exclusively on my (ancient?) iPhone 6s. Some advise switching to “Airplane Mode.” Anyone have thoughts on that?

Airplane Mode will stop cellular data to your device, so no live map but you can cache it first and then turn ON Airplane Mode.

WiFi will remain ON so that you can connect to the Spark, unless you use an OTG cable, then just turn the WiFi OFF so it won't pick up any. I have my mini4 set up to ignore all WiFi except the Spark so it won't auto connect to something else.

Bluetooth OFF as well, including headphones, fitness trackers, etc.

Airplane Mode will stop cellular data to your device, so no live map but you can cache it first and then turn ON Airplane Mode.

WiFi will remain ON so that you can connect to the Spark, unless you use an OTG cable, then just turn the WiFi OFF so it won't pick up any. I have my mini4 set up to ignore all WiFi except the Spark so it won't auto connect to something else.

Bluetooth OFF as well, including headphones, fitness trackers, etc.
Thank you!

When connected to your home WiFi or data and looking at the map, scan to the area you'll be flying in and pause. That area is cached.

The bigger the area cached, the less detail you have when zooming in on said area ( image gets fuzzy ), but you will have a map to go by.

Reactions: JoelB89

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme