Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Active Track Testing on an Electric Skateboard in Huntington Beach, CA

Looks good.

Worked better for you than other vids I’ve seen using tracking. Seems unable to keep up after awhile due to its slower speed.
Thanks for sharing the video Walter Hall.

Nice stream and, as winter is at our doors,
the view of the beach did warm me up.. :cool:

Question: does active track work in Sport mode?
No. Active track cannot be used with the Sports mode switch on.

However, I think what you actually mean to ask is if the Spark can active track at "Sports mode" kind of speed.
The answer is yes. A fellow forum member had done a test and his findings are in the picture below.
無題.jpg

Here's the link to the complete video.

In the second take how did you manage to get Spark to keep track of you as you changed aspect from looking back to looking forward? Hope that makes sense!?

In the second take how did you manage to get Spark to keep track of you as you changed aspect from looking back to looking forward? Hope that makes sense!?

Once you have entered Active Track mode, you will see an icon of a man on the left side of the screen. By default, the man will be in standing position. This is Trace Mode, which means the drone will trace the path of the selected object and follow, usually from behind. Tap on that icon again and you will switch to Profile Mode (the icon turns into a running man) - the drone will now maintain the direction it was initially facing and follow the object you select. Point to note in Profile Mode is that the drone maintains the direction it was initially facing in absolute terms. For example: If the drone was facing you straight, it will move backward when you walk or run forward. If it was facing you sideways, it will move either right or left depending on which direction you start walking or running. If you want to orient the drone in some other direction, you can use the RC.

Once you have entered Active Track mode, you will see an icon of a man on the left side of the screen. By default, the man will be in standing position. This is Trace Mode, which means the drone will trace the path of the selected object and follow, usually from behind. Tap on that icon again and you will switch to Profile Mode (the icon turns into a running man) - the drone will now maintain the direction it was initially facing and follow the object you select. Point to note in Profile Mode is that the drone maintains the direction it was initially facing in absolute terms. For example: If the drone was facing you straight, it will move backward when you walk or run forward. If it was facing you sideways, it will move either right or left depending on which direction you start walking or running. If you want to orient the drone in some other direction, you can use the RC.
Really helpful and perfectly described. Thank you for this. It will help loads of others too.

Really helpful and perfectly described. Thank you for this. It will help loads of others too.

You are welcome mate. It's something which the manual doesn't explain well and even I didn't know it till I got curious by seeing people getting the Spark to track them sideways or front facing.

Reactions: Dyldrones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit