Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark and DJI Goggle question...

Jeffrey Journey

Join
Jul 15, 2017
I have just recently received my spark and goggles. I initially tried using the goggles with the spark yesterday and had a positive first impression...although I am just starting out so I have a lot to learn. My question is...
When the goggles are connected to the RC my iphone is obviously not which means I am not using the DJI Go app so what settings and control parameters are being used to control my spark? For example I am in beginner's mode when I use the DJI Go app but when directly connected to the DJI goggles am I still utilizing this mode? This forum post question is not specific to the beginner's mode question but rather all the functionality and configuration that is available when the DJI Go app is used versus when it is not, meaning the DJI goggles are used.

Thanks fellow Spark enthusiast...
Jeff

For example I am in beginner's mode when I use the DJI Go app but when directly connected to the DJI goggles am I still utilizing this mode?
Yes, you'll still be in beginner mode. All of the other DJI GO settings will also remain in place when switching over to the DJI Goggles.

Hi,
Out of curiosity, can you connect the DJI Goggles to the DJI Spark using the Apple HDMI to lightning adapter and the lighting connection to the phone/tablet that way you have both the phone/tablet and the Goggles connected?
Thanks,
Sam

It is worth noting that, despite 2 recent firmware upgrades for the goggles, two bugs persist:
1. Goggles always read out height and distance in metric
2. After a battery change on Spark, you must re-connect your phone, or the goggles will revert to beginners mode limitations.

That’s too bad. I hope that DJI will allow this configuration in a future firmware update.

Has anyone brought this topic up before?

I’m not new to DJI, but I am new to the DJI goggles. In fact I jus ordered them today.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I dont have the goggles but i thought when you use the goggles you dont use a smart device as the goggles act as your smart device and thus would have the dji go 4 app on them (goggles).

I dont have the goggles but i thought when you use the goggles you dont use a smart device as the goggles act as your smart device and thus would have the dji go 4 app on them (goggles).
That's correct. It's not the same DJI GO app that's available for Android/iOS devices, but you can access many of the same features.

Here's a video that includes a view inside of the DJI Goggles:

That's correct. It's not the same DJI GO app that's available for Android/iOS devices, but you can access many of the same features.

Here's a video that includes a view inside of the DJI Goggles:

Thank you everyone for the info. It would be a good idea to have the app running ob the device well as a safety feature so that you’re not depended on the googles in case something goes astray.

That’s too bad. I hope that DJI will allow this configuration in a future firmware update.
It's not in DJI's hands, iOS devices simply don't support both HDMI and USB at the same time.
If you connect your phone to the controller via wifi you can connect the goggles to the phone with the adapter.

I’ve connected to my controller without wifi using an OTG cable to the Spark controller!

I connected dji goggles to the iPhone with the Apple hdmi connector successfully with the phone connected via wifi. I didn’t fly it but I did have control of the menu similarly as using cable to phantom or inspire.
Right -- that setup does work too. However, it'll only allow you to view whatever is on the screen on your mobile device.

Right -- that setup does work too. However, it'll only allow you to view whatever is on the screen on your mobile device.
But at least you have full control of the quad through the app on your phone without the need of having the goggles on and instead of using the touch pad on the goggles.

I connected dji goggles to the iPhone with the Apple hdmi connector successfully with the phone connected via wifi. I didn’t fly it but I did have control of the menu similarly as using cable to phantom or inspire.

That’s music to my ear. Thanks for that :)

But at least you have full control of the quad through the app on your phone without the need of having the goggles on and instead of using the touch pad on the goggles.
Yes, sir. It's a perfect setup if those are your goals.

Yes, sir. It's a perfect setup if those are your goals.
That’s the exact configuration that I was looking/hoping for the Spark. Thanks to you and everyone on this thread for your comments and help.

Now I’m really looking forward to receiving my goggles and trying them out with all my three “siblings” (P4, Mavic and Spark).

So, is it possible to have an Iphone connected to the controller with wifi AND the Goggles plugged into the controller with a OTG lead?
I don't really want to rely on the Goggles for the app functions if someone else is wearing them!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme