Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Batteries Not Charging

Join
Dec 26, 2018
Hi everyone,
I received the Spark as a gift for Christmas but am having issues charging the batteries via the hub and via the drone. I posted a video of the LED sequence here:
The red LED is reading as yellow on the video but you can see it on the reflection on the actual battery. Has anyone experienced this before? I’m hoping there’s an easy fix that I haven’t clued in on. I’m not looking forward to going to Best Buy to exchange it.

Thank you!!

I've heard of some success running batteries down to 5% so they automatically reset and then allow charging. Sounds odd but people swear it worked for them. Couldn't hurt to try that.

I've also purchased new batteries (for my Mavic) that were DOA. When I searched Google I found this was very common. DJI exchanged them with free shipping - it took about 10 days round trip.

get rid of the charger buy a new one if its the charger and you go buy another bat and it happens again.. then your out another 50 bucks and dont charge via a hobby charger..

the internal circutry does the charging on dji batts all they need is 13.5 volts and they start to charge and turn off and ballance them self... so get a charger that is designed for them...

get rid of the charger buy a new one if its the charger and you go buy another bat and it happens again.. then your out another 50 bucks and dont charge via a hobby charger..

the internal circutry does the charging on dji batts all they need is 13.5 volts and they start to charge and turn off and ballance them self... so get a charger that is designed for them...

OP already stated the batteries do not charge when connected to the Spark either so it is not the charger.

Still can be the charger just not the charge dock . The dock gets its juice from the charger

It would be unusual for BOTH batteries to be bad. It is always a matter of elimination. If you've tried charging both batteries in the hub and don't see the green lights on the battery blinking as it charges, then it is the hub. Next, with a separate phone charger, try each battery in the drone itself. You should see the green lights blinking till all 4 flash, meaning it is almost totally charged. Have you tried that?

It would be unusual for BOTH batteries to be bad. It is always a matter of elimination. If you've tried charging both batteries in the hub and don't see the green lights on the battery blinking as it charges, then it is the hub. Next, with a separate phone charger, try each battery in the drone itself. You should see the green lights blinking till all 4 flash, meaning it is almost totally charged. Have you tried that?

Not necessarily as he has the FlyMore combo.
The 2 batteries would have been grabbed from the same lot?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex