Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark discontinued

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
It appears DJI has (unofficially) discontinued the DJI Spark when it was removed from the DJI Store this morning. Only Spark accessories remain in the Spark Series section of the DJI Store.

While currently out of stock, the refurbished Spark and Spark Fly More Combos are still listed on DJI's refurbished products page.

Maybe a new Spark?

Or maybe DJI's plan is to replace the Spark line with the Mavic Mini.

That would make sense, the could also be calling it the Spark 2 to capitalize on the name and reputation.

It's likely going to be named the "Mavic Mini" since that's the name used in official government documents that were previously leaked.

Reactions: DaysOfNoah
Sure... if you need batteries? If not, I wouldn't recommend running out to buy them up. They will likely be available for as long as you're interested in flying your Spark.

Sure... if you need batteries? If not, I wouldn't recommend running out to buy them up. They will likely be available for as long as you're interested in flying your Spark.
I could always use more, currently have 4, 3 more would be nice, havent really thought about upgrading but might be an option.

I could always use more, currently have 4, 3 more would be nice, havent really thought about upgrading but might be an option.
You got 4 batteries? Dang. I still only have the 1 battery that came with my spark. I also don’t even have the controller still because I just got my drone like a month ago.

You'll really enjoy your Spark once you get a remote controller. Not only will it be much easier to control, you'll also be able to fly in Sport mode.

Reactions: Baronvonstrong
You got 4 batteries? Dang. I still only have the 1 battery that came with my spark. I also don’t even have the controller still because I just got my drone like a month ago.

The DJI Portable Charging station + 2 batteries combo is a good option to consider if you are looking to buy more batteries.

This is an interesting development - perhaps a precursor to a Spark 2 release. On the subject of batteries I wouldn't worry. I have four and this seems to keep me well covered.

Happy days Sparkies.

Reactions: 1Joey23
So many threads here and here’s to something even better than Spark. I love mine and hope whatever appears is portable, and bristling with kit to help us flyers produce great visuals and above all, fly even more safely. Oh and if everything were a bit more robust that would be great too.

Reactions: 1Joey23
You'll really enjoy your Spark once you get a remote controller. Not only will it be much easier to control, you'll also be able to fly in Sport mode.
I know that I just don’t have the money. That’s why some days I consider selling my spark to buy a broken phantom 3 And fix it up. The controller for it cost like nothing and batteries are almost the same price as the spark battery.

DJI's ebay store has a brand new RC for $149 + $6.99 shipping, comes with a 1 yr. warranty. I'm seeing pre-owned RCs from $93 and up, but wining bids will likely be higher.

I am moving up to a Zoom at some point, not sure if I am keeping the Spark or not... one of my kids might inherit... but with the prices getting jacked up, I might end up selling and putting the proceeds towards the new one... but I do love my Spark...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers