Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark & DJI Mavic Air - Same Litchi Mission - June 20, 2019

I have thought about getting the Air whenever I upgrade from the Spark but have been turned off by the colour reproduction. It’s evident in the video above and has been noted on a number of reviews.

Chris

Reactions: pmshop
Wow that's what I call smooth on the right/Air ! Would likely be even more obvious if it was speeded up 10x.
Now the picture quality is indeed a bit problematic...I was under the impression that in general the Air over-saturated the colors compared to the Spark (or MP) but there seem to be other issues here ?

Do you find a big difference between your Spark a MA in terms of colour accuracy?

I barely add anything with the Mavic Air.
Maybe some sharpen sometime but that is about it.
The overcast killed the color comparison.
Just going for the stabilization
But with the Spark, I add +10% contrast and +30% saturation on almost everything.

Wow that's what I call smooth on the right/Air ! Would likely be even more obvious if it was speeded up 10x.
Now the picture quality is indeed a bit problematic...I was under the impression that in general the Air over-saturated the colors compared to the Spark (or MP) but there seem to be other issues here ?

Overcast is the issue

Nice comparison. Would have been even better under a clear sky but the message is quite clear. Do not yaw when you are shooting video with the Spark.

Nice comparison. Would have been even better under a clear sky but the message is quite clear. Do not yaw when you are shooting video with the Spark.

Oh, it can be done.
Even I needed a bit more practice after almost a year:
Should have thrown it into Tripod Mode once I got up there.

It's more like "don't yaw in Litchi waypoing missions" ! It seems Litchi works with small incremental yaws and a 3rd axis is needed to smoothen that out.

I have run the same waypoint missions using my Phantom 3 Standard and Spark. Although the yaw is smoother on the P3S, the colours are much better on the Spark. I can live with the slightly less smooth video from the Spark but the colour reproduction and sharpness is most important to me. With the Air being over twice the cost of the Spark her in Canada, I would find it hard to justify spending that much if the photo/video quality isn’t as good or better than the Spark.

Chris

I did a waypoint mission using Drone Harmony (Android app) - found the yaw to be decently smooth. Then again not comparing side by side with Mavic Air (really liked that comparison).

Wow, a few close calls there !
Pretty smooth indeed but that's probably because there isn't a lot of rotation+panning like in our "Litchi POI Focus" videos. When you do a bit of that at 4:26 it becomes pretty "wobbly".

Thank for all these videos. I have disliked the yaw jitters from my Spark from the very beginning and I did expect Litchi would solve it. But of cause it doesn't however Drone Harmony seems to have sorted it out to some degree. Litchi seems to expect the gimbal to eliminate the problem but Spark only has a virtual Z dampening.
Thanks guys.

Thank for all these videos. I have disliked the yaw jitters from my Spark from the very beginning and I did expect Litchi would solve it. But of cause it doesn't however Drone Harmony seems to have sorted it out to some degree. Litchi seems to expect the gimbal to eliminate the problem but Spark only has a virtual Z dampening.
Thanks guys.
A 2-axis gimbal will never have the smooth yaw of a 3-axis gimbal, even with electronic stabilization no matter what waypoint software is used.

I find the stabilization on the Spark to be quite good especially when doing waypoint missions with curved turns.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef