Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark in -10 degree weather. Felt like -29. 5000 ft distance from starting point

BingErr

Join
Sep 28, 2017
Happy to report that the DJI Spark does wonderful in low temps. It was -10 but felt much colder yesterday here in Minnesota and besides a few minutes less of flight time, it flew with no problems what so ever. I even set a new personal record for my furtherst distance from starting point. Over 5000 feet, but not quite a mile. It was a good day. Here's some video.

Happy to report that the DJI Spark does wonderful in low temps. It was -10 but felt much colder yesterday here in Minnesota and besides a few minutes less of flight time, it flew with no problems what so ever. I even set a new personal record for my furtherst distance from starting point. Over 5000 feet, but not quite a mile. It was a good day. Here's some video.

Was your shot at 1:45 straight from your footage or was it sped up in post?

I sped up some shots in post. I can't verify right now if 1:45 is sped up because I don't have youtube access at work. If it looks sped up it probably was.

Nice Very cool

Reactions: BingErr
This was great to watch, beautiful country too. I'm so hoping for a little snow this winter... Well done

Reactions: BingErr
So actually No, the clip at 1:45 where I'm flying towards the house and descending was NOT sped up. I even had to check because it does look fast but it's at 100% speed. I must have been flying with the wind. Thanks for watching

Looks like a good snowmobiling area.
What am I talking about, of course it is.
It's Minnesota for cryin' out loud.:)

Do you have a snow melt system installed on the drive, it looks like it.

The HVAC company I work for use to install these.

We've done full radiant heat inside the home, garage, driveway and a couple of helicopter pads.

Nice job on this video.

Any signs of ice on the props when it returned?
No, it was pretty dry out. The only way you'd get ice is if it was sleeting or snowing. And even then they spin so fast I don't think it would accumulate. I could be wrong though.

Referring to sport mode...I guess I gotta get something fixed.
If I just barely bump the rudder or marginally slip the aileron while pushing forward max throttle, my camera view will tilt 45° left or right depending on the direction accidentally hit.

I saw no tilt like that on yours.

We've done full radiant heat inside the home, garage, driveway and a couple of helicopter pads.

Nice job on this video.

No, it's just been too cold for melt and refreeze
If I just barely bump the rudder or marginally slip the aileron while pushing forward max throttle, my camera view will tilt 45° left or right depending on the direction accidentally hit.

Nice job on this video.

There is no system installed. I know what you're talking about (Mayo has it installed in most of their sidewalks). I think the colder weather makes there's no refreeze and the drive stays clean.

Mine does that to. It's because the Spark only has a two axis gimbal. It's bad when there's a cross wind or when I'm turning fast. I just end up editing most of those shots out. And when I'm flying if it jerks to the side too much then I just reshoot until I get the shot that I want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme