Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Q&A (Your Questions Answered)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
Q: When will the DJI Spark start shipping?
A: The first orders are estimated to start shipping on June 15th.

Q: When can the DJI Spark be purchased?
A: You can pre-order the DJI Spark right now from the DJI Store or Amazon.

Q:
Does a remote controller come with the DJI Spark?
A: The base $499 package does not include the remote controller. For now, you must buy the Fly More Combo if you want the remote controller. DJI has the DJI Spark remote controller listed for $149, but it's not available for purchase yet.

Q:
Is the DJI Mavic Pro remote controller compatible with the DJI Spark?
A: Tahoe Ed confirmed it's not compatible here.

Q:
What's included in the box?
A: The base DJI Spark package includes the DJI Spark aircraft, 6 props, 1 battery, battery charger, micro USB cable, and a storage box.

Q:
What's included in the Fly More Combo?
A: The Fly More Combo includes everything in the base package, plus 2 extra props (8 total), 1 extra battery (2 total), remote controller, prop guards, battery charging hub, and a should bag.

Q: Which new flight modes does the DJI Spark include?
A: The following new flight modes are included: Coordinate & Direction TapFly, QuickShot (takes professional shots for you with Rocket, Dronie, Circle, and Helix), and new PalmControl, Follow, Beckon, and PalmLand Gesture modes. You can see the flight modes in action here and here.

Q: Are the DJI Goggles compatible with the DJI Spark?
A: Yes, they will be compatible after an upcoming DJI Goggles firmware release. The DJI Goggles connect to the DJI Spark remote controller via a USB cable.

Q: Is DJI Care Refresh available for the DJI Spark?
A: Yes, it's available for $59.

Q: What is the range of the DJI Spark?
A: ~10 ft when flying with hand gestures; 328 ft (100 m) distance & 164 ft (50 m) height when flying with a mobile device; 1.2 miles FCC (500 m CE) when flying with the DJI Spark remote controller.

Got a question that you cannot find the answer to? Ask it below.

I'm wondering if the spark weight could be under the italian limit of 300 gr. only 5 grams.

Per the Spark specs, the total weight is 300 g.

I'm assuming that means the weight is 300 g without the prop guards or additional optional accessories installed.

I'm assuming that means the weight is 300 g without the prop guards or additional optional accessories installed.

confirmed.
in USA the limit is 350 gr or 12 onces.
in Italy the rules ask for a limit of 300 gr..
only 5 grams... only 5 grams

You should be able to fly without prop guards then. No?

curious about the wind gust speeds... how fast of winds are too fast. I saw a video where there was some flags in the background and they were whipping pretty good. looked like atleast 20 mph winds.

I saw someone on youtube who has weighted the spark : 305 gr without prop guard, 344 gr with. Weight limit in France is 800 gr, so even the Mavic pro is good :).

Does anyone know if the D-log color profile will be available on the Spark ?

curious about the wind gust speeds... how fast of winds are too fast
The Spark manual recommends not flying in wind speeds exceeding 22 MPH. Depending on your skill level, you might want to fly in calmer conditions or you might be able to exceed those wind speeds. When flying in high winds, just keep in mind that it's going to be tough (or impossible) to make it back to the home point when flying into a strong headwind.

Last edited:
Q: When will the DJI Spark start shipping?
A: The first orders are estimated to start shipping on June 15th.

Q: When can the DJI Spark be purchased?
A: You can pre-order the DJI Spark right now from the DJI Store or Amazon.

Q:
Does a remote controller come with the DJI Spark?
A: The base $499 package does not include the remote controller. For now, you must buy the Fly More Combo if you want the remote controller. DJI has the DJI Spark remote controller listed for $149, but it's not available for purchase yet.

Q:
Is the DJI Mavic Pro remote controller compatible with the DJI Spark?
A: Tahoe Ed confirmed it's not compatible here.

Q:
What's included in the box?
A: The base DJI Spark package includes the DJI Spark aircraft, 6 props, 1 battery, battery charger, micro USB cable, and a storage box.

Q:
What's included in the Fly More Combo?
A: The Fly More Combo includes everything in the base package, plus 2 extra props (8 total), 1 extra battery (2 total), remote controller, prop guards, battery charging hub, and a should bag.

Q: Which new flight modes does the DJI Spark include?
A: The following new flight modes are included: Coordinate & Direction TapFly, QuickShot (takes professional shots for you with Rocket, Dronie, Circle, and Helix), and new PalmControl, Follow, Beckon, and PalmLand Gesture modes. You can see the flight modes in action here and here.

Q: Are the DJI Goggles compatible with the DJI Spark?
A: Yes, they will be compatible after an upcoming DJI Goggles firmware release. The DJI Goggles connect to the DJI Spark remote controller via a USB cable.

Q: Is DJI Care Refresh available for the DJI Spark?
A: Yes, it's available for $59.

Q: What is the range of the DJI Spark?
A: ~10 ft when flying with hand gestures; 328 ft (100 m) distance & 164 ft (50 m) height when flying with a mobile device; 1.2 miles FCC (500 m CE) when flying with the DJI Spark remote controller.

Got a question that you cannot find the answer to? Ask it below.

Are you sure the fly more only has 1 additional battery? I contacted customer service online chat and they said you get two extra 3 total.

Are you sure the fly more only has 1 additional battery? I contacted customer service online chat and they said you get two extra 3 total.
They probably are used to talking about the mavic fly more which comes with 2 extra batteries. It's a shame that spark FM only comes with 2 total. Maybe they will sell the charging base/ dock with a third battery since it has room for the spark and 2 batteries

Here's a good question.

Are the remote dimensions for Spark (joystick spacing and height) the same as Mavic remote?

I ask because I saw joystick protectors that prevent joysticks from being smashed while in a bag for transport.

Here's a good question.

Are the remote dimensions for Spark (joystick spacing and height) the same as Mavic remote?

I ask because I saw joystick protectors that prevent joysticks from being smashed while in a bag for transport.

It appears to be. It would make sense so that there is not a lot of re-tooling required to make the Spark controller. Also the Mavic Controller is about as small as you'd want for the comfort when cradling a cell phone so the Spark controller would be no smaller.

Reactions: Dudge Jredd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme