Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji spark rc sun hood

Borek

Join
Apr 7, 2018
Hi,

I've just got the spark and I love it. I noticed my phone screen was sometimes difficult to see because of the sun. I want to buy a sun hood. The sun hoods I could find fit onto your phone. It seems like they block the joystick controls. Also I have a large phone (oneplus 5t) and it is difficult to find the right size. I saw this accessory for the mavic pro: Mavic Pro Remote Controller Monitor Hood It seems really handy to fit in onto the antennas. Now I was wondering if it could fit onto the spark rc, or if there are any alternatives that fit on the spark. Does someone know?

This is what it looks like:

I've bought a few sun hoods and even made a few custom ones. I tested many prototypes and unless they cover 3-4 sides of the phone and are fairly deep there is still too much glare on a sunny day. A well designed sun hood makes a HUGE difference but the others are a frustrating waste.

They fit best and don't block joysticks or antennas if you use a separate phone mount. Sure, it's two more pieces to carry and set up -- but if you can't otherwise see your screen it's well worth the effort.

IMHO - I don't think it is a good idea to hang something on the antennas. There have been posts reporting antennas getting loose under normal use. I have this one Amazon.com: Foldable Monitor Sun Hood, Cell Phone - Tablet Sunshade Sun Visor Cover for DJI All Series, Compatible with DJI Mavic Air/Mavic 2 / Pro/Spark / Phantom/Inspire / Osmo (L168): Computers & Accessories
for my Ipad Mini-4 and find it easy to use and provides good shade.
Do you have the 168? It's says that the 168 is for screen sizes between 128mm and 168mm . How can there be such a big gap? My phone screen size is 136mm, so it would fit? Is it possible to change it's size? Because if it is only able to do 168mm it will be too big.

I also use the Sun hood McCloudSpark linked. I use it in combination with my selfmade smartphone holder and it works well. My phone is a P20 Pro (6,1" display). I bought the 128mm version which fits perfect over the screen. The homebutton is outside of the hood and is easy to use. When I set brightness to 100% I have most of the time a good view. And its much more comfortable for your neck :D

On the picture below you can see that I had to cut a little piece out that it fits with my phoneholder. Enough space for your thumbs is there too.

OI000121.JPGOI000120.JPG

Hmmmm.. wondering what size for an iPhone XR, its 150mm, which is inbetween two of the models.
If your phone is longer than 168mm then defently the bigger one. If it is smaller than 168mm you cannot attach the hood on your phone. My display is 140mm but the notch area is black in go4 and the 128mm fits that I can see and use all buttons. A little bit is covered from the hood but thats ok for me.

But a Hood between these two would be the best. Most people I know using smartphones around 6". So a 140mm sunhood would be a good roundup :)

Hi,

I've just got the spark and I love it. I noticed my phone screen was sometimes difficult to see because of the sun. I want to buy a sun hood. The sun hoods I could find fit onto your phone. It seems like they block the joystick controls. Also I have a large phone (oneplus 5t) and it is difficult to find the right size. I saw this accessory for the mavic pro: Mavic Pro Remote Controller Monitor Hood It seems really handy to fit in onto the antennas. Now I was wondering if it could fit onto the spark rc, or if there are any alternatives that fit on the spark. Does someone know?

This is what it looks like:
View attachment 9541
It does fit the Spark RC.

This hood is meant to go on a FPV that is clamped at the top/bottom (with FPV sideways) Like the photo above. It won't work if the FPV is clamped in the RC. I use it with this mount since the Mini-4 doesn't fit very well in the RC. Amazon.com: SKYREAT Mavic Air Pro Foldable Aluminum-Alloy 4-12 Inches Ipad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro,Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic Pro/Mavic Air,DJI Spark Accessories Remote Controller: Electronics

First off all: what do you mean by FPV? The phone? I don't understand your point because this hood clamps onto the antennas. If the antennas of the spark and mavic pro have the same distance it should fit right?

First off all: what do you mean by FPV? The phone? I don't understand your point because this hood clamps onto the antennas. If the antennas of the spark and mavic pro have the same distance it should fit right?

Some of the better hoods don't fit the device/phone (FPV) properly when it is clamped between the arms of the remote. Those are best used with the tablet/phone holder in the link.

The hoods that attach to the antenna don't block out sun from all sides and even limit your ability to adjust your antenna position. They also preclude that use of a parabolic antenna booster which I find highly beneficial with the Spark's marginal signal.

I use a sun hood and try to stand in the shade while flying to reduce glare even further.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef