Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark will not turn on.

sparkomatic

Join
May 4, 2019
DJI Spark will not turn on. All four lights on the batt are on. No response from Spark. I have started this many times so I am familiar with the two step button press. I know the process. I have searched the forum for a similar problem but most every starting problem seems to be related to battery malfunction. I have three batteries fully charged showing four lights when tested with a button press. The Spark will not respond to any of these batteries. However, the last time I flew it landed abruptly, descending rapidly eventhough I had enough battery to complete the flight without AI from the drone. The landing resulted in excessive impact to one of the chassis arms. Nonetheless, this drone has suffered greater impacts in the past and never resulted in a "dead" or bricked drone. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time for any constructive input, :}

Robert

Seems like a connection problem between the battery and the drone if it is all three batteries. You could probably test the output of the battery with a meter to be sure they are outputting voltage.

Seems like a connection problem between the battery and the drone if it is all three batteries. You could probably test the output of the battery with a meter to be sure they are outputting voltage.
I was thinking of that. I'll give it a try but since all three batteries are showing full charge, I have my doubts it is a low batt. I checked visually for connection faults between batt and drone but nothing. I wonder if maybe mainboard was damaged when upon landing. However, as I noted in my initial post, this Spark has experienced a mucha greater impact upon landing in times past that has not affected its overall operation. Thanks for the input.

DJI Spark will not turn on. All four lights on the batt are on. No response from Spark. I have started this many times so I am familiar with the two step button press. I know the process. I have searched the forum for a similar problem but most every starting problem seems to be related to battery malfunction. I have three batteries fully charged showing four lights when tested with a button press. The Spark will not respond to any of these batteries. However, the last time I flew it landed abruptly, descending rapidly eventhough I had enough battery to complete the flight without AI from the drone. The landing resulted in excessive impact to one of the chassis arms. Nonetheless, this drone has suffered greater impacts in the past and never resulted in a "dead" or bricked drone. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time for any constructive input, :}

Robert
Not sure it could be this but check the NFZs on the app. There may be a new one stopping you starting it up.

Thanks for the reply. But even if it were in a NFZ shouldn't the drone atleast start up and "idle?" ... meaning it would atleast turn on and connect to app but it would just not take-off. I have had that expereience in the past with NFZ's but this time the drone will not even turn on to connect to the app and know that it is in a NFZ or not.

this Spark has experienced a much greater impact upon landing in times past that has not affected its overall operation.However, the last time I flew it landed abruptly, descending rapidly even though I had enough battery to complete the flight without AI from the drone. The landing resulted in excessive impact to one of the chassis arms.

Sorry to hear the start up issue, not resolved yet I guess ?

If you take any of the batteries and do the double click start up, they light up ok . . . expect so, not likely 3 batteries would all fail.

The previous impacts, maybe it's just had that little too much from the last one, it really sounds like something to do with the drone connectors, or the wiring behind that takes the main power from that particular connector.

I searched Youtube for videos on > DJI Spark battery power connections on drone
. . . and a few other terms . . . but nothing like your problem comes up.

It's possible some videos might show the power connection, and if it comes to it, you might be game to open it up and take a look.

Or, it SHOULD be a relatively cheap fix for a repair shop, unless it turns out to be a main / mother board or something rare / $.

Reactions: RotorWash
SPark_South_OZ,, thanks for the feedback. I've decided to tear it all down and replace the chassis as it was damaged in a previous malfunction. However, it did work fine for many flights after that damage. So I don't think the present start issue is related to that accident. I'll see what happens. Maybe it is a connection failure. Hopefully, this step will correct that if a loose connection is the fault. Funny that no one else seems to have encountered this problem. I'll post my results should I have success with the chassis change. I'm still waiting on the chassis from China so it may be awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef