Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark with Mini2 propellers

id also like to know. and id like to know and see what the performance will be. speed, agility etc.

id also like to know. and id like to know and see what the performance will be. speed, agility etc.
Speed is not affected by propellers but aircraft inclination.
Agility almost ugual at original but increase 20% flight time, 5-10° less on ESC, 5° less on battery (less current, less stress).

With Mavic Air propellers there is more agility but no more advantages.

Reactions: Faithley
Too bad DJI was found infringing on Autel's patent on the method of attaching props. Good ol' Spark is quick, easy, no screws to lose or crossthread, plus no screwdriver required.

Well, it does not appear that Carsco is going to share his secret for mounting Mini 2 props on a Spark. Too bad, I would be willing to try it out myself.

Too bad DJI was found infringing on Autel's patent on the method of attaching props. Good ol' Spark is quick, easy, no screws to lose or crossthread, plus no screwdriver required.

Heard that some time ago, but funny though, new M3and Air 3 are bayonet fittings.
Maybe they pay a royalty, but DJI may have found some way around that too.

Cześć:)
Odgrzane!
Śmigła z mini 2 zamontowałem w uchwytach śmigieł SPARK od producenta. Pierwszy test - śmigła pracują ciszej:)
Skróciłem śmigło o około 4mm. Nasadkę opiłowałem na grubość oryginalnego śmigła SPARK.
Użyłem wrzecion od śmigieł SPARK.
Każdy dokonuje zmian na własne ryzyko.

Na zawsze oś obrotu - sworzeń należy wymienić na grubszy - wkręciłem śruby od mini2 (fi2.5mm).

Last edited:
IMG_5186x.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_5190x.JPEG
    IMG_5190x.JPEG
    495.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5183xx.JPEG
    IMG_5183xx.JPEG
    135.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Propellers matched to the original Spark mount.
Screws from Mini 2. The top hole in the Spark handle is drilled to 2.5mm.
The bottom hole remains unchanged!!!
The propellers should be shortened by approximately 2 mm.

It seems to be 3-5dB quieter.
It requires the creation of better measurement conditions.

Well, friends, I tried the trick puting Mini-2 propellers in Spark mount, and unfortunately, practically did not get any advantages of that. The hovering time in a room with Mini-2 propellers was 13 minutes 26 seconds, and I received 12 minutes 45 with original Spark propellers. Thus, with Mini-2 propellers, I have got 41 sec more flight time, which corresponds to 5.4 % , but it may be within the measurement error and the difference in batteries, as I used two different, but very similar batteries. As for the noise, I measured it using an application on another smartphone and it showed that the original propellers were quieter in 2-3 dB. While hovering with Mini-2 propellers I noticed that the RPM is about 1000 higher, it's average 12600 vs 11600 with Spark propellers. I also tested Mini-2 propellers in a real flight similar to an average ordinary flight. And I also did not notice an increase in the flight time.
I want to say that it's not too easy to put the propellers from Mini-2 in the Spark mount. You need tools and skills. Most difficult is to precisely trim the propeller hub to make it fit the Spark mount. It took me several hours to complete all that. Anyway, after this mod the balancing of the propeller becomes worse, and I noticed, that Spark is hovering more unstable with it. Also, you cannot be sure of his reliability, so it's an additional risk of losing the drone.
Spark with Mini props.jpgAirdata Mini копия.jpgNoise Mini копия.jpg

I agree with you. In fact, the differences are small. Better to fly with factory propellers. SPARK TYP 4732S propellers provide an improvement.
I consider the topic of mini 2 propellers for Spark closed.
1696760441398.png
Let's fly safely.
Pozdrawiam Piotr!

I consider the topic of mini 2 propellers for Spark closed.
There is one more thing I think about. In Carsco mod propellers from Mini-2 were fixed straight to motors without "Spark" mount. That may affect. If I'll have time I will try to check that.

There are many variables that affect the noise of SPARK propellers. The change in the propeller mounting itself is, in my opinion, irrelevant. Mini 3 and Mini 4 are the kings of silence. I have both drones.
SPARK has 11.2V engines, a smaller propeller diameter, and without knowing the engine speed, it's like looking for something in the dark.
If someone chooses quieter propellers, they will only be used for experimental flights without people nearby.
We must perform flights in the vicinity of people using certified parts.
Hi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit