Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Do you set WiFi channel manually?

Roger S

Join
Apr 6, 2018
My refurbished Spark won't use the 2.4 GHz channels in auto mode and I'm afraid to set it manually as dji Go cautions against doing so. I lost my first 2 Sparks to fly away. At 5.8 GHz I lose connection when the Spark flies more than a few hundred feet. I never had this problem with my previous Sparks.

My refurbished Spark won't use the 2.4 GHz channels in auto mode and I'm afraid to set it manually as dji Go cautions against doing so. I lost my first 2 Sparks to fly away. At 5.8 GHz I lose connection when the Spark flies more than a few hundred feet. I never had this problem with my previous Sparks.

Something sounds rotten to me. I have picked channels manually many times. Should not be an issue. You are best to check wifi saturation before each flight and your sensors also. Majority of fly aways are IMU/Compass issues, not so much the wifi interference.

Lots of good advice on YT

You have lost TWO Sparks to fly-aways and now a third one is have connectivity issues?!?

You are wise to be cautious!

Some members fixed this very issue by using OTG cable between RC and phone. They theorized that this freed up another wifi channel for RC to connect with Spark. All I know is that they said it worked fine after that.

I've had missing options and locked out features reappear after uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app. I can make any promises but it's quick and easy to try.

You can also reset RC and phone wifi to factory default and then re-pair RC and Spark.

Hi,
I think the option to switch has been stopped at the lastest update. First day i got my Spark i was able to fly in 2.4. Now it can only fly in 5.8 and the RC will not let me change it now. (I'm in UK/Ireland)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast