Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Do you use a simulator?

droffarc

Join
Sep 13, 2018
I have found the dji simulator a little lacking and have fallen back on the sim I used to start with, before I got the spark.
It too is a tad limited but at least there is more than just a level playing field. Screenshot_20180919-223236.jpg

As far as I know, there are not any drone simulators that have any aircraft similar to the Spark or any other DJI drones. Most are based on racing quads or the like. I have and use one called FPV Freerider. It will let me choose between a quadcopter with or without stabilization and several different terrains but that is about it. The graphics are good and there is a free version but you will need a totally different controller than the Spark uses to operate it and any other simulator.

I think that DJI could have developed a much better simulator for the Spark and I really think that they should considering that so many people are buying a Spark without any prior flying experience with a manually operated drone which would greatly enhance their ability to control the Spark if it should leave GPS mode and go to Atti mode all of a sudden. Being able to manually control your drone with skill and confidence is a must for safe flight and being able to bring your drone home safely in an emergency situation.

I couldn't agree more

My simulator consisted of several cheaper drones to develop flying skills prior to purchasing the Spark.
The last drone I bought before the Spark was the Hubsan 501S, a flying fool of a drone. A great learning experience to say the least and still fun to fly especially when you switch to ATTI mode (switch off GPS)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers