Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does an OTG cable help?

aidenholdingphotography

Join
Jan 21, 2019
Hey
thinking of getting an otg cable but not sure if its worth it If I get one it will be a good quality one. any recommendations???
Just asking for advice.
Thanks in advance...

I think they are a must have not only for increasing distance but video feed strength as well as many more advantages. Make sure to get a right angled one and for no more than 10 bucks you can't go wrong.

I've always used the OTG cable, the video is very fluid and satisfying. I recommend it. I paid 6 € in the official store. the latency between the RC controller and your smartphone / tablet is really minor.

As far as brand I haven't noticed any difference in them except I think the quality of the actual connection pieces some of the really cheap ones have easily bent wires if not lined up perfect when attaching. Length is another consideration and I like the foot long instead of 8 inch just gives you a little more wiggle room and not too much cord to get tangled up on anything. I would recommend getting 2 of them because they are cheap enough and easy enough to lose. I went to Amazon and got the two pack with good ratings for I think 8.99 made by "Lanmu" some people like the braided ones and these are not, braided are about same price for pack of one..either way hope that was the info you were looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_20190120_232540054.jpg
    IMG_20190120_232540054.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 68
If you're going to be using Android and Apple devices, you could purchase the UGREEN Micro USB adapter.

1548071984906.png

If you just need a cable, this 11" OTG cable is available for all mobile devices. I have the Lightning version of this cable and it works well with my devices.

1548072166971.png

Last edited:
I have been using one for my last few flights and have not lost connection at all. Make sure you hook it up in the right order. Lots of help on the forum for this.

Just a word to the wise, if you are using a protective case (OtterBox) right angle will not work.
It really depends on which case, phone, and cable you're using. Some cables have connectors that are long enough to reach most any port -- like this one:

1548086877110.png

Modern iPhone OtterBox cases have port holes/covers that allow nearly any type of cable to be attached.

Reactions: pmshop
Another vote for an OTG cable. It does wonders for image quality, lag reduction, response. Do it!

Yes, I only fly with one. The range and video feed is so much better. i have gotten mine from Amazon and ebay they all seem to work the same so far.

It really depends on which case, phone, and cable you're using. Some cables have connectors that are long enough to reach most any port -- like this one:

View attachment 8441

Modern iPhone OtterBox cases have port holes/covers that allow nearly any type of cable to be attached.
Where was that cable from I want to know because I have never flown with one

I don't see any major difference, so i use otg cable from time to time.
Usually I fly wirelessly, without issues.

IOS devices and forced FCC mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme