Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does Superpatching void DJ Refresh?

az erik

Join
May 1, 2020
I'm debating getting DJ Refresh and or +. I've read about it but am iffy as to if I'd bother or just get a State Farm policy and call it a day.

Question is if you super patch and you can send your spark in, can you reflash (or should you reflash) before sending it?

I'm debating getting DJ Refresh and or +. I've read about it but am iffy as to if I'd bother or just get a State Farm policy and call it a day.

Question is if you super patch and you can send your spark in, can you reflash (or should you reflash) before sending it?
If you have refresh all you need to do is supply your drone and pay the money, they don't care what you did to it. If you can't provide the drone you can't use refresh. Any mods you do to your drone will not affect refresh in anyway

If you have refresh all you need to do is supply your drone and pay the money, they don't care what you did to it. If you can't provide the drone you can't use refresh. Any mods you do to your drone will not affect refresh in anyway
Not sure that's entirely true. They don't care WHAT you did to it....they do care HOW you did it. There have been many cases of claims denied because Spark went nutz on Litchi....check the forum. I confirmed with them I was covered using DJI Pilot, even though it wasn't designed for Spark, and the program does recognize it. They said as long I was using DJI software, I was covered. Never had to test them on that ...thank goodness. Can they tell from the drone what software you were using and wether or not it was patched? Apparently, yes and maybe. Why take a chance? Somehow, I think if you went with State Farm, there was an "incident" and they found out you were using hacked software, they might have an issue as well. I'd stick to the limitations of the official releases of DJI software....at least until the warranty is up. When my first Spark went nutz, I sent it to them and was back flying in 3 weeks...no problem.
From their "exclusions" caveat:
5) Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast