Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does the cable to connect the DJI goggles to the Spark, come with the goggles?

rcdancer

Join
Nov 3, 2018
Loc
SE United States
I'm getting the DJI Goggles RE on Christmas morning. I know that a cable is needed to connect them to the controller. Question - do the goggles come with the required cable? If not, can someone point me to cable I need to buy? thanks,

I verified that the USB to Micro USB cable does indeed come with the googles. And I've already got the OTG cable. I'll report how well the goggles work with the Spark next week.

Finally flew with them yesterday even though the weather was dark, dreary and cloudy. Goggles worked well and the wife loved using them. With the jury-rig hookup to the Spark so that someone can use them while I fly, there is definitely latency in the goggles, but fine for people to experience the thrill of flight. Put the gimbal in FPV and sport mode is a kick with the goggles. Range was no problem and could easily send the Spark out and up until it was a pixel in the sky. Resolution was only 720p. Hookup so that someone else can use the goggles while I fly: connected the mini-ipad to the RC via wifi and then used an HDMI adapter on the ipad to mirror the display to the goggles.

I'm anxious to try them with my Mavic Air on a sunny day (even though I can't figure out a way to get simultaneous video on the ipad and goggles) where there should be less latency and a higher resolution? I will record from the goggles when I fly the Mavic Air so you can see what it's like.

You can definitely wear reading glasses with the goggles (there is no focus and since the screens are only 2 inches from your eyes, you may need reading glasses.) I've ordered some focus-fixers. If you wear glasses, provided they are not oversized, you should be able to wear them with the goggles.

I'm looking forward to Ocusync when I finally get the Mavic 2 Zoom towards the end of next year.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme