Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Download dji assistant 2 to iMac- reposted from software disscussions

pathos

Join
Sep 1, 2017
Loc
Colorado
Hi Folks,

Sorry to repost here but no responses, so I'm thinking I posted in the wrong place initially. Thanks for any help.

I love my sparky and all things dji, I have had zero problems with anything up to this point. My first drone and have a Mavic coming up soon. I have not been able to get dji assistant 2 to download properly to my iMac. It says all the downloads are successful (assistant and the hordis program), but when I pull it up, it goes to a page for Inspire 2 and there is no other options available on the page to get to a spark. When I check the downloads on the computer, nothing is there. I've searched threads and the problems that I've seen (unlocking for 3rd party software, uninstall and reinstall, etc.) have not been helpful for this issue. Any thoughts approaches would be appreciated. Thanks much, dr, D

General Rules.??????......

• 6. Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
The Software section would be the correct section.

General Rules.??????......

• 6. Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
The Software section would be the correct section.

Thanks. I thought the original might have been out of place. Good flying. D

Did/does the original get pulled from the software section, can’t seem to find it and definitely still can’t get asst 2 to download? Thanks D

when I pull it up, it goes to a page for Inspire 2
Seems you might be opening a webpage instead of actually opening Assistant? Might want to post a screenshot of that so people get a chance to understand what you're talking about.

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 7.40.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 7.40.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-02 at 7.41.24 AM.png Thanks much Kilrah. The first screen shot is the appearance of the file application after download. The second is the screen in dji asst 2 when I double click on the file.

Yes- for whatever reason, when I connected, the Spark menu came up this time - wonderful! The following is what the screen looks like. There was an update to do, which it says I did sucessfully, but I don't see it on the screen below. I had done several other updates, including the necessary one that had to be done by Sept 1st, and while successful, I don't see any record of any of the previous ones. Also, when I tried to view flight logs/data, the last screen is what comes up. I'll spend some more time on the dji site and here, trying to figure the issues out, but any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks again, D

PS-For some reason, possibly size, I can't post the assistant screen here, I follow up in the next post.

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.46.44 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.55.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.55.01 AM.png
    177 KB · Views: 3
    177 KB · Views: 2
    177 KB · Views: 2
You've got everything working as it should.

Should I be able to see a record of past updates- not just the one that was done? The battery updates obviously have to be done while on the spark, can this be done within dji assistant or as I have in the past, wifi- and same for the RC? Should it be possible to see the actual flight log information, not the coded file? I believe there are third party apps that allow you to see detailed flight data, but I would like to stick with the dji native apps if possible. Thanks again.

No. The firmware list that shows up is dynamically loaded from the internet and is what DJI decides to let you access at that given time, which right now for the Spark is only the current .600 given the problems previous versions had. Same list appears in app and updates can be done from there the same way.
DJI consider you don't need to read log files and don't provide a tool to read them, you need the third party apps.

Kilrah, thanks very much for your help on this. It seems that all is updated and working well. After getting this figured out, I really have no complaints or no issues at all with my experience with DJI and its drones. To be honest, I am amazed at the capability of the small unit and the control that we have. It sure would be nice however, to have access to all the telemetry and flight information using native DJI software- maybe coming?? Good flying my friend. D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers