Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone INSURANCE

Jerry B

Join
Feb 11, 2019
There has been some discussion about drone insurance and the relatively low cost for the coverage. Drone pilots should be reminded that in addition to the risk of losing/crashing their drone there is also the risk of being sued by someone for any damage (physical/medical) that may be caused by an incident. So, just having the drone insured alone may not be sufficient. Pilots should also consider/make sure... they have coverage for their liability exposure when flying into someones car/home/person.

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Verifly is an on the spot insurance that is available in the USA except for seven States.

General Liability is available in all states except AR, HI, KY, ND, NY, TX, and WA.

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Is this just liability, or does it replace/repair the drone?

As stated from the web site, General Liability is available in all states except AR, HI, KY, ND, NY, TX, and WA.

So I guess NO on the replacement of the drone.

But if you happen to fly the Spark through a stained glass window of an old church and have the liability insurance, you may be able to recover your losses.

Fly safe.:)

Liability only, no "drone replacement". STARTING at $10 per hour!?! Yeah, I think I'll pass. Realistically, the chance of my Spark causing major damage if I am at least flying responsibly is pretty small.

Reactions: Tom Bennett
$10.00 an hour o_O no thanks, what about the AMA? with full membership, you have $1.000.000 policy but that only kicks in after your homeowner's insurance is exhausted. that's my understanding not sure if drones are covered.

I too have 'flyicarus' insurance as well as DJI care refresh.. Flyicarus covers me for flyaways as well as loss or damage over water so I felt it was a no-brainer! I also have FPV-UK membership which provides me with £2million of public liability cover. I can afford shelling out around £120 for insurance but it would be very hard to swallow losing a £600 drone including the kit OR having to settle an injury or damage claim for thousands!!

I live in the U.S. and have a "Personal Articles Policy" through State Farm insurance for $50/yr. covers drone and accessories for accidental loss with no deductible. Unfortunately for some don't think this is available if you don't live in th U.S.. In my opinion this is a much better deal than DJI Refresh as I don't have to provide the Drone or flight logs, and can be using 3rd party apps for waypoint missions etc., unlike the rules associated with DJI Refresh. Does not cover liability. My home and auto insurance guy recommended paying for membership with the AMA think it cost $70 or $80 per year but provides members with ove $2 million in liability coverage for drone accidents - not sure of small print associated with that, as I don't have it, but may consider at some point. Most of my flights are in open areas or not over homes, autos or people - although occasionally or briefly they are, and it only takes one accident as we all know.

I live in the U.S. and have a "Personal Articles Policy" through State Farm insurance for $50/yr. covers drone and accessories for accidental loss with no deductible. Unfortunately for some don't think this is available if you don't live in th U.S.. In my opinion this is a much better deal than DJI Refresh as I don't have to provide the Drone or flight logs, and can be using 3rd party apps for waypoint missions etc., unlike the rules associated with DJI Refresh. Does not cover liability. My home and auto insurance guy recommended paying for membership with the AMA think it cost $70 or $80 per year but provides members with ove $2 million in liability coverage for drone accidents - not sure of small print associated with that, as I don't have it, but may consider at some point. Most of my flights are in open areas or not over homes, autos or people - although occasionally or briefly they are, and it only takes one accident as we all know.

So you have to be a member of AMA and then able to purchase the insurance through them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme